Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Jordan Graham got an assist for Birmingham tonight and their fans seem to write him quite highly

Some short snips of a Times story about Brentford making the step-up to the EPL with quotes from Shandon Baptiste.

Who are the best players you’ve come up against? “The Salahs and the Manés would be obvious, but I didn’t play Liverpool,” Baptiste says. He names the Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Yves Bissouma

Baptiste gets messages from coaches and former team-mates at Oxford United, which emphasise the heights to which he has risen.

Last edited:
I think Dickie would be great at West Ham with his surging runs forward maybe even allowing Declan Rice to get further forward sometimes

QPR friend of mine insists he won't be going till at least the end of the season. He also noted that firm fans' favourite that he already is, Dickie isn't the finished product. Friend goes on to say Dickie is smart enough to know that another half season will go some way to ironing out some of the glitches.

QPR friend of mine insists he won't be going till at least the end of the season. He also noted that firm fans' favourite that he already is, Dickie isn't the finished product. Friend goes on to say Dickie is smart enough to know that another half season will go some way to ironing out some of the glitches.
Premier League teams want the finished product, not someone who is still learning. That is why they buy so many players only to loan them out.

Quite how that impacts on Newcastle or West Ham I don't know. Sign him in January only to loan him straight out again?

Premier League teams want the finished product, not someone who is still learning. That is why they buy so many players only to loan them out.

Quite how that impacts on Newcastle or West Ham I don't know. Sign him in January only to loan him straight out again?
As you say the premiership want the finished products but buying say in January and loan him straight back or to another club to complete to be the finished article is a cheap buy, buy in January it’s cheaper if he isn’t the finished article buy him in the summer it’s more money,!so a buy with a loan straight back is a cheap way and would be less in sell on, hold out for the finished article and it’s quids in for everyone.

Andy Woodman very strongly rumoured to be next Hartlepool manager

Andy Woodman very strongly rumoured to be next Hartlepool manager
As long as they pay 20-30m and we reap the rewards I’m good with it

Back
Top Bottom