Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.23 - FA Cup Rd 2 - Exeter at home

I thought we had played at Stoke's new ground twice. Once early season, in Shotton's reign. I'm sure Anthrobus scored - it was that memorable, surely you didn't miss that!

I thought we had played at Stoke's new ground twice. Once early season, in Shotton's reign. I'm sure Anthrobus scored - it was that memorable, surely you didn't miss that!

It was. First game of the season too.

I forget how the rest of Anthrobus’ career was with us, but I assume he continued to bag a goal a game.

You very much have a better memory than I. Yes that happened. Thought I would have been there but it's coming back to me now, I didn't go. I was in France and was heading back to the ferry when an old man came out from a side road and wrote our car off. A day to forget for me. Luckily no-one was hurt in my car although his ended up in the ditch and he was taken to hospital. Just checked and the following season we played there in mid-week and lost 4-0. I think that was when there was a fuel crisis on and it was quite difficult to get anywhere. Didn't go to that one either. So Stoke is still a new ground for me, but you got me thinking.

Last edited:
First time that I have seen McGinty, I thought he looked like a Sunday morning player and maybe just a little overweight or is that to harsh.

He didn't do anything wrong but I don't feel I have confidence in him yet. His match-winning performance against Arsenal will establish him.
Nothing wrong that led to a goal perhaps. But didn't have a clue how to deal with those quality balls in from Caprice and could well have been shown a red card right at the end.

Back
Top Bottom