Fan's View Fan's View 23/24 - No.30: Carlisle away

Edwards is rehabilitating with us not Ipswich and they have also cancelled his contract.

Edwards is rehabilitating with us not Ipswich and they have also cancelled his contract.

This was the last OUFC said about Edwards.
Ipswich announced the mutual termination of his contract 5 days ago. So if he is back doing his rehab with us why have OUFC not publicised that?

This was the last OUFC said about Edwards.
Ipswich announced the mutual termination of his contract 5 days ago. So if he is back doing his rehab with us why have OUFC not publicised that?
Des mentioned it in an interview...

So I need to rely on my local paper and not the official club site. :)
If it's not in Bicester Advertiser it never happened... ;)

The communication from the club is really lacking at the moment.

If it's not in Bicester Advertiser it never happened... ;)

The communication from the club is really lacking at the moment.

Indeed, not only is Des first team coach, he’s also Director of Football, and Chief Communications Officer.

No wonder the poor guy looks absolutely knackered. #Prayfordes

God, that first 25 minutes was tedious! Thank goodness something sparked them into life in the second half; it would have been a long and depressing trip home otherwise.
So pleased Harris got the goals his recent efforts deserved. It’s no coincidence that the second and third goals came as a result of a well-placed, nicely weighted pass FORWARDS into the heart of their defence.

This was only the third time we had visited Carlisle in recent seasons.

We visited the Griffin in the town centre and then the Beehive. Both Greene King pubs which i was surrpised to see so far North, I thought were mainly South East.

Last time out many of us were on the terrance behind the goal, with our last away game of 2015/16 before sealing promotion the next week vs Wycombe.

This time we were all in the seats to the side, and many of the seats were actually behind the goal line. I think the story is that years ago the plan was to redevelop the whole ground at which point the terrace would be replaced with a stand further back and the pitch then aligned with the stands?

The terrace did look quite small compared with the packed experience we had the previous time, and it even had a small block of seats looking like a bus shelter.

As said above, poor first half hour before we got into the game. The catering was good for food. Scotch pie in the first half was like a peppery minced burger in hot water crust pastry. Also a minced beef pie was good to warm up at half time. The concourses and gents not so good with overflowing P**s trays making the Kassam look welcoming.

On the Avanti West Coast train back to London, we had the bizarre experience of a passenger near us telling us the train was being cancelled at Watford, and two guards discussing how the passenger knew from trainline that the train was cancelled before eventually they made an announcement. No real explanation as to why. We swapped to another Avanti train a few minutes behind at MK and got back around the expected time.

This was only the third time we had visited Carlisle in recent seasons.

We visited the Griffin in the town centre and then the Beehive. Both Greene King pubs which i was surrpised to see so far North, I thought were mainly South East.

Last time out many of us were on the terrance behind the goal, with our last away game of 2015/16 before sealing promotion the next week vs Wycombe.

This time we were all in the seats to the side, and many of the seats were actually behind the goal line. I think the story is that years ago the plan was to redevelop the whole ground at which point the terrace would be replaced with a stand further back and the pitch then aligned with the stands?

The terrace did look quite small compared with the packed experience we had the previous time, and it even had a small block of seats looking like a bus shelter.

As said above, poor first half hour before we got into the game. The catering was good for food. Scotch pie in the first half was like a peppery minced burger in hot water crust pastry. Also a minced beef pie was good to warm up at half time. The concourses and gents not so good with overflowing P**s trays making the Kassam look welcoming.

On the Avanti West Coast train back to London, we had the bizarre experience of a passenger near us telling us the train was being cancelled at Watford, and two guards discussing how the passenger knew from trainline that the train was cancelled before eventually they made an announcement. No real explanation as to why. We swapped to another Avanti train a few minutes behind at MK and got back around the expected time.

Did Greene King buy a local Brewery that way? Could be like the Morland Brewery (RIP).

The Stadium redevelopment plan was under Michael Knighton (of trying to buy Man Utd fame). Knighton had bigger ambitions than his wallet.

Did Greene King buy a local Brewery that way? Could be like the Morland Brewery (RIP).

The Stadium redevelopment plan was under Michael Knighton (of trying to buy Man Utd fame). Knighton had bigger ambitions than his wallet.
It does get a bit boring seeing the same Greene King ales everywhere. At Coventry the Dhillon's brewery was selling the Greene King Level Head ipa. One of the pub next to my office is GK and has the IPA and Abbot ale. Then all the way into Carlisle too.

Jennings was bought (I see) by Marston's in 2005, Jennings was a decent beer. I'm guessing their houses got swapped during that weird time when brewing and selling were separated and Greene King became a property company.

Jennings was bought (I see) by Marston's in 2005, Jennings was a decent beer. I'm guessing their houses got swapped during that weird time when brewing and selling were separated and Greene King became a property company.
I read several months ago a guide to what I thought were independent breweries that are now just a brand name for Greene King / Marstons etc. It wasn't quite so bad when they kept the original brewery, but when they just take the beer name and brew it somewhere else it's not the same at all. eg Thwaites (Wainwright, Lancaster Bomber) , Jennings (Cumberland)

Back
Top Bottom