General Fantasy New Stadium

I recon you could squeeze a stadium on the site of the Manor Hospital. Then ground share with the bowls club. The pitch could slide out under the stands in a similar way to the new Spurs stadium, and be replaced with a bowling green.
I would probably go for 40,000 seats, just incase Oxford United or the Bowls Club reach the pinnacle of their respective sports.

Land including Oxpens (Nuffield and City Council) is all owned by the colleges though. So can appreciate they are more interested in education/college linked development and housing for their businesses/students than helping out sport which they leave their own students to run. Reading through the old posts Stratfield is mentioned numerous times. Never been there myself but a quick google maps and the train station nearby and only one stop from Oxford and Bicester looks ideal. Not to far out? Not one for a cliche but beggars can’t be choosers!

given the average stadium attendances I would say a 15,000 seater full bowl with a decent club shop and museum/tours and some nice pubs/restaurants/sports bar in and around the ground. Maybe a hotel to capitalize on away visitor and VIP stays. Would we fill it though? Average attendances of around 7/8k even after covid.

No we wouldn't fill it in Lg1 except for big cup ties and the odd important league match. Make it to the championship and beyond and with a new ground and state of the art facilities, and some massive clubs to play against then yeah we would start filling it no problem. You would easily attract more casual fans and families in a new stadium that doesn't have a whiff of sh!t lingering around it from the sewer works and isn't a 3 sided hellhole that no one really likes and isn't appealing to visit.

No we wouldn't fill it in Lg1 except for big cup ties and the odd important league match. Make it to the championship and beyond and with a new ground and state of the art facilities, and some massive clubs to play against then yeah we would start filling it no problem. You would easily attract more casual fans and families in a new stadium that doesn't have a whiff of sh!t lingering around it from the sewer works and isn't a 3 sided hellhole that no one really likes and isn't appealing to visit.
We're not exactly asking for much are we :ROFLMAO:. How I would love if we could play closer to the City, would make it easier for us fans who get the train. Getting a crappy local bus down to Blackbird Leys is depressing.

Do many of our fans come from the city of Oxford itself, or more from towns in Oxfordshire?

We're not exactly asking for much are we :ROFLMAO:. How I would love if we could play closer to the City, would make it easier for us fans who get the train. Getting a crappy local bus down to Blackbird Leys is depressing.

Do many of our fans come from the city of Oxford itself, or more from towns in Oxfordshire?

Originally from the city now living in a remote village outpost.

Originally from the city now living in a remote village outpost.
Not one of those crazy rural places featured in Clarkson's Farm is it? Mad how there are places that rural in Oxfordshire.

Not one of those crazy rural places featured in Clarkson's Farm is it? Mad how there are places that rural in Oxfordshire.

I've not seen the programme but no.

It's pretty much continuous houses to an actual town from where I am.

I've lived in lots of different places (hence the username) but always in or near the centre of a city.
Maybe get outside of it. Oxfordshire has plenty of nice small towns and villages. Clarksons Farm does make fun of the Kalebs and Geralds that are there, but for the most part the residents are much the same as you'd get from the rest of the county.

Maybe get outside of it. Oxfordshire has plenty of nice small towns and villages. Clarksons Farm does make fun of the Kalebs and Geralds that are there, but for the most part the residents are much the same as you'd get from the rest of the county.
I would like to visit some of the countryside some day. I thought the countryside looked great in Clarksons Farm.

There are a few strange ones though. Hethe from my local football days was one, you could almost hear "fresh blood, fresh blood, fresh blood" being chanted as you went in. :)

And Chipping Norton is very insular.

There are a few strange ones though. Hethe from my local football days was one, you could almost hear "fresh blood, fresh blood, fresh blood" being chanted as you went in. :)

And Chipping Norton is very insular.
Would many Oxford fans live in Chipping Norton. I'm guessing it's quite a wealthy area? In fact Oxfordshire in general must be quite a wealthy county. Maybe Oxford/Oxfordshire's location, not too far from London but a nice area helps us pull in players, whereas the likes of Barrow, Torquay or Hartlepool would struggle?

Would many Oxford fans live in Chipping Norton. I'm guessing it's quite a wealthy area? In fact Oxfordshire in general must be quite a wealthy county. Maybe Oxford/Oxfordshire's location, not too far from London but a nice area helps us pull in players, whereas the likes of Barrow, Torquay or Hartlepool would struggle?

I knew a few Oxford fans when involved at Chipping Norton Town for a few years. Chippy is wealthy but it has its poorer areas as well. You can tell it is a bit further out in the country compared to the likes of Witney, Abingdon etc.

Barrow train somewhere in Lancashire so that players can live in the likes of Manchester and only play games in Barrow, staying overnight on the FRiday before.

Rather than being a fantasy we should be aiming for an eco community stadium, constructed of carbon neutral materials and powered by the sun and wind where rainwater is harvested for pitch irrigation and toilets.
Green walls and roofs where possible around the outside with an internal concourse selling only local Oxfordshire produce with a zero waste policy in place.
Fantastic public transport and cycle path links deterring driving.
Outside the ground will be a fan's woodland where we and the club and Board can plant trees to remember lost loved ones and offset carbon created from our football travel. There will also be eco units providing business space attracting similar like minded business creating a green business hub for Oxford.
The whole complex acting as an exemplar for other stadium constructions across the world enhancing the "Oxford brand" sought by the board.
Erick, if you're reading this my consultancy fees are very reasonable.....
Appears Mr Bakrie reads this forum and has grabbed my idea for a ground😉

I can see an advisor role being offered to me in the very near future😎

I do like the idea of promoting Oxford-sourced produce in the concourses, sort of goes with promoting Oxford music in the play-lists. I'd love the club to embrace 'Oxfordshire' and push our county's profile forward.

And they said you were mad! You're not related to Greta Thunberg by any chance?

Perhaps we'll be going for a larger version of the Voždovac Stadium, although I'd love a variation on the Timsah Arena...
A slightly smaller Timsah arena would do!

I do genuinely love the idea of a stadium which is environmentally friendly and promotes Oxfordshire produce. In Bakrie we trust.

Also, please, please PLEASE can we have safe standing, and a free season ticket for @WuTang right in the middle of the safe standing end to actually get an atmosphere going.

A slightly smaller Timsah arena would do!

I do genuinely love the idea of a stadium which is environmentally friendly and promotes Oxfordshire produce. In Bakrie we trust.

Also, please, please PLEASE can we have safe standing, and a free season ticket for @WuTang right in the middle of the safe standing end to actually get an atmosphere going.
Works for me!

Back
Top Bottom