National News GB News launches

Only news station to mention the march in London yesterday.

Massive crowds and not a single mention on sky, itv or bbc.

Say what you want about figures but that’s exactly what should be happening from a news channel. Independent non bias reporting.

Maybe they’ll cover the events down in Dover next and the hundreds of people arriving via dinghy from France.
That was hardly the biggest story yesterday.
How did they report Johnson’s inability to sack Hancock?

Were you watching GB news, the BBC news channel and Sky news simultaneously all day? Or do you have people to watch for you?

Yep. 3 tv’s all on the go… only went out briefly to spot some trains and get some stamps..

That was hardly the biggest story yesterday.
How did they report Johnson’s inability to sack Hancock?
They discussed it throughout the day, speaking with the Shadow HS and a Labour MP.

Andrew Neil ripped into him saying he hates to sack people and that at The Spectator he had 2 opera reporters working under him.

I actually watched a little of GB News over the first few days, the highlight being Andrew Neil taking apart Rishi Sunak - he's a pretty much unrivalled political interviewer in the UK. Why is he stepping back already, he's the only reason any sane person would tune in? However, the rest is almost all dross - the uniquely untelegenic and possibly retarded Dan Wootton, the awful Michelle Dewberry, out of her depth Kirsty Gallagher and on and on. That's the danger of 'personality' lead programming - you actually need personalities! I would imagine the likes of Piers Morgan and Nick Ferrari are staying away because of not wanting to be be associated with low viewing numbers or waiting to see if it has legs. I can't see how it can make money - even creating social media 'hits' is not going to generate income.

I actually watched a little of GB News over the first few days, the highlight being Andrew Neil taking apart Rishi Sunak - he's a pretty much unrivalled political interviewer in the UK. Why is he stepping back already, he's the only reason any sane person would tune in? However, the rest is almost all dross - the uniquely untelegenic and possibly retarded Dan Wootton, the awful Michelle Dewberry, out of her depth Kirsty Gallagher and on and on. That's the danger of 'personality' lead programming - you actually need personalities! I would imagine the likes of Piers Morgan and Nick Ferrari are staying away because of not wanting to be be associated with low viewing numbers or waiting to see if it has legs. I can't see how it can make money - even creating social media 'hits' is not going to generate income.
TBF Nick Farrari’s show is a bit lowbrow. Although it is quite difficult to get an informative phone in show.

TBF Nick Farrari’s show is a bit lowbrow. Although it is quite difficult to get an informative phone in show.
Completely agree that it's a low-brow show - I was trying to make the point that he pulls an audience and whilst not my cup of tea, he knows how to interview and structure a programme, a skill patently missing from GB News presenters.

Other presenters have said they thought it was harrasment. It's the opinion of whoever is presenting.
You're right, seeing as if clearly was harassment, ask yourself what was the anchor trying to achieve to even suggest it wasn't? Why would he say that?

The coveted Wednesday 1pm timeslot.
5pm timeslots as well apparently, and 1pm during the day is not exactly 3am programming.
GB News’ audience again briefly dipped to zero at 5pm, during a late-afternoon programme co-hosted by ex-BBC presenter Simon McCoy and former Ukip spokesperson Alex Phillips.

Back
Top Bottom