National News GB News launches

I couldn’t give the tiniest f**k how many people they do or don't get. Seems like an echo chamber which is fine if that's what you want, but is it really news?

More than a little amusing that there's a boycott though. Could it be the right are as easily offended, snowflakey and woke as the left?

Surely not...

Our old friend Wandering Yellow is probably still glued to the screen - he had great expectations of the channel.

Do any 24 hour news channels get many viewers? I should imagine the combined viewing figures for every one of them is tiny. The world didn’t need more of them so GB news was pointless, especially so in the age of the internet, streaming etc.

Like most people I get my news on here, it’s mostly about whether kneeling is a good thing, with my knee problems I can tell you it’s not.

My knee really hurts today as it goes, I'm trying to convince myself it's not a message from God.

Do any 24 hour news channels get many viewers? I should imagine the combined viewing figures for every one of them is tiny. The world didn’t need more of them so GB news was pointless, especially so in the age of the internet, streaming etc.

Like most people I get my news on here, it’s mostly about whether kneeling is a good thing, with my knee problems I can tell you it’s not.
I think the answer to that is a big 'no', none of them attract many viewers. Looking at viewing figures for the week of July 5th, GB News was averaged 28,000 viewers between 6pm and midnight, Sky 52,000 and BBC 124,000 - that's 204,000 viewers across all three news channels. If you add in the multitude of international broadcasters (CNN et al), you'd probably still struggle to 300,000.

Ofcom is investigating 390 complaints against Dan Wootton - most on the basis he's an absolute idiot, I would guess.

I think the answer to that is a big 'no', none of them attract many viewers. Looking at viewing figures for the week of July 5th, GB News was averaged 28,000 viewers between 6pm and midnight, Sky 52,000 and BBC 124,000 - that's 204,000 viewers across all three news channels. If you add in the multitude of international broadcasters (CNN et al), you'd probably still struggle to 300,000.
Isn't the average viewer count a bit misleading for a rolling news channel though? People will dip in and out of the channels, that's the nature of the beast. The average will be 'concurrent users', what would be a more meaningful number would be 'unique users' (apologies for the use of IT-centric jargon), do we have any idea of those numbers?

Isn't the average viewer count a bit misleading for a rolling news channel though? People will dip in and out of the channels, that's the nature of the beast. The average will be 'concurrent users', what would be a more meaningful number would be 'unique users' (apologies for the use of IT-centric jargon), do we have any idea of those numbers?
Steve, I think you can probably extrapolate those figures from the BARB numbers but they would still be very low. Also, the channel is set-up as a schedule of opinion lead shows, rather than strictly rolling news, as per Sky and BBC.

Any aspirations they had of being a 'rolling news' channel have now well and truly disappeared. Once the appalling Farage and Wootton have finished broadcasting their 'opinion' lead shows then people just turn off. Even those viewing numbers are poor (peaking at 70,000 I believe) and I can't believe that advertisers are queuing up. They are creating the odd trending piece on Twitter and Tik Tok (?) but you can't monetise that.

I saw the interview that Neil did with Rishi Sunak early on and it just showed what a good political interviewer he is. Sunak was expecting an easy ride and he was taken apart. They are now reduced to Farage shouting at the RNLI and expounding his nasty xenophobic views, while employing right comedians (and I'm being generous with the term 'comedian') such as Mark Dolan.

Be interesting to get the views of Wandering Yellow, the one contributor to the forum seemingly genuinely looking forward to the launch of GB News.

Any aspirations they had of being a 'rolling news' channel have now well and truly disappeared. Once the appalling Farage and Wootton have finished broadcasting their 'opinion' lead shows then people just turn off. Even those viewing numbers are poor (peaking at 70,000 I believe) and I can't believe that advertisers are queuing up. They are creating the odd trending piece on Twitter and Tik Tok (?) but you can't monetise that.

I saw the interview that Neil did with Rishi Sunak early on and it just showed what a good political interviewer he is. Sunak was expecting an easy ride and he was taken apart. They are now reduced to Farage shouting at the RNLI and expounding his nasty xenophobic views, while employing right comedians (and I'm being generous with the term 'comedian') such as Mark Dolan.

Be interesting to get the views of Wandering Yellow, the one contributor to the forum seemingly genuinely looking forward to the launch of GB News.
GB isn't a rolling news channel and has never said it wants to be one?

GB isn't a rolling news channel and has never said it wants to be one?
It was nominally a news channel before purely becoming a home for right wing editorial. I’m assuming from your general tone that you’re one of the 70,000?

It was nominally a news channel before purely becoming a home for right wing editorial. I’m assuming from your general tone that you’re one of the 70,000?
It never showed rolling news like BBC and Sky News and they constantly said they would not be like them. I watched the first few days to see what it's about, that's about all

It never showed rolling news like BBC and Sky News and they constantly said they would not be like them. I watched the first few days to see what it's about, that's about all
No, but it is a 24 hour ’news’ channel, so therefore all of these right wing opinion pieces have to be backed by an element of news gathering. That now becomes irrelevant as the tiny numbers watching seemingly want Farage and the man with a face for radio, the cretinous Dan Wootton. No wonder even the likes of Pier’s Morgan and Nick Ferrari gave it a wide berth!

Yes I know the source is GB News but I`ve worked with Neil Oliver a few times over the years and he "says it like it is".
Enjoy.
He certainly says it like he thinks it is and that’s why he’s talking to 25,000 people on GB News. The man who compared fighting COVID measures to opposing Nazi Germany. Never trust a man who wears a scarf indoors.

He certainly says it like he thinks it is and that’s why he’s talking to 25,000 people on GB News. The man who compared fighting COVID measures to opposing Nazi Germany. Never trust a man who wears a scarf indoors.

Bits of it made sense.
I`m not comfortable with mandatory vaccines and poor kids in far-off lands mining cobalt for your tech..... yeah maybe those were the good bits out of ten minutes.

Oh, and Austria has some previous of hanging out minorities to blame....

Back
Top Bottom