Matches Get to the Bristol Rovers game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTM

After the last two games of Saturday and Tuesday with late goals , get to the game on Saturday at Bristol Rovers.
Our lads needs us there , and our group will be there supporting the lads .
I am fed up with people moaning , about price and kick off time etc .
If you are OUFC fan get there and supporters can make a difference for the team.

Last edited:
700 sold out of 1100 allocation I think someone said. Pretty poor showing really.

• React
Reactions: UTM
I’m not buying the ‘700 is a poor showing‘ B*****s, it’s what I used to say but I’m afraid the days of blaming apathy or disinterest are over now; there is a genuine cost of living crisis, there’s a rail strike, some people are away on summer holidays and it’s going to be 30+ degrees on an open terrace or under a gazebo. All for £30. And its £10 on iFollow.
It’s near grounds or new grounds for me this season.

We fail to sell out there on a regular basis.

It’s just a pretty poor day out.

£30 for Div 3 football.
Stupid kick-off time.
Hostile natives.
Train strike.
Shoddy ground, been there, done it.

Compare to Derby.

£20.
Saturday 3pm.
Myriad of decent pubs and a decent set of supporters.
Easy train trip.
New ground for many.

3100 at one game, 700 or so at the other. 🤷‍♂️

We'll be there, in that stupid tent. Just over an hours drive from Stanford in the Vale so not so bad. It will be hot and, no doubt, the stewards will attempt to remove the tops of any drink bottles (extra tops packed separately) Parking will be the usual lottery and getting out of Bristol after the game an exercise in patience but, we will get to see the boys take revenge for that FA cup replay. (hopefully)

We'll be there, in that stupid tent. Just over an hours drive from Stanford in the Vale so not so bad. It will be hot and, no doubt, the stewards will attempt to remove the tops of any drink bottles (extra tops packed separately) Parking will be the usual lottery and getting out of Bristol after the game an exercise in patience but, we will get to see the boys take revenge for that FA cup replay. (hopefully)

Caring for the elderly - you shouldn`t be going out in that............. :) :cool:

I have emailed Bristol Rovers (clare@bristolrovers.co.uk) regarding their policy on water bottles. The reply is:- She has passed the message onto the safety officer but her comment is "I'm sure due to the weather drink bottles should be allowed"

£30 for Div 3 football.
Stupid kick-off time.
Hostile natives.
Train strike.
Shoddy ground, been there, done it.

Compare to Derby.

£20.
Saturday 3pm.
Myriad of decent pubs and a decent set of supporters.
Easy train trip.
New ground for many.

3100 at one game, 700 or so at the other. 🤷‍♂️
I see your points , but it is £25 to stand only £5 more then Derby.

I’m not buying the ‘700 is a poor showing‘ B*****s, it’s what I used to say but I’m afraid the days of blaming apathy or disinterest are over now; there is a genuine cost of living crisis, there’s a rail strike, some people are away on summer holidays and it’s going to be 30+ degrees on an open terrace or under a gazebo. All for £30. And its £10 on iFollow.
I reckon the other way round Rovers would be bringing far more than 700 to Oxford

That's completely fair, but I'd say it is a 'near ground' (presuming you mean distance?) Unless perhaps like me you don't live in Oxfordshire

If I didn’t live close, then for the reasons detailed by other posters I don’t think it’d be worth it.

A nightmare to get to as it’s not within walking distance of a train station (then coupled with the rail strike and getting there for 12:30), there’s sweet fa to do around that shed of a stadium and it’ll be sweltering in the terrace.

And for all that, they want to charge us £30 for the privilege, which could be the highest amount for a League One away trip this season. Fans are voting with their feet and quite rightly. 700 is actually good for what Rovers are offering as an experience.

Last edited:
That's completely fair, but I'd say it is a 'near ground' (presuming you mean distance?) Unless perhaps like me you don't live in Oxfordshire
Been there done it, it’s not a day that appeals to me any more. It‘s 2 hours drive for me so I class this one as near.

I reckon the other way round Rovers would be bringing far more than 700 to Oxford
Despite our dump being an unattractive day out they probably will; but I’m also not interested in the ‘we took more than you‘ willy waving that goes on every weekend. Not saying you are here but people need to feel they can say ‘no thanks I can’t afford it‘ without peer pressure to spend shed loads of money they don’t really have.

In other good news.............. its Bristol Balloon Festival 11th to the 14th, just driven past the warning signs on the M5.

So it`ll probably be traffic chaos as well. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom