Ex Player Jamie Hanson

I couldn’t believe those stats.

It turns out a good proportion are in cups, and I would wager quite a few of the league appearances were from the bench as well, but it’s still 50 more than I would’ve guessed!

Completely agree, he’ll do well to get a trial at a small Division 4 club, and more fool him if that club is Swindling.
League 35 starts - 26 sub
FA/League Cup - 7 starts - 3 sub
Other - 12 starts - 3 sub

One of our highest earners off the books, and Winnalls wage certainly wasn't bad either. Perfect place to start for rebuilding this summer, must free up enough for 1 or 2 really good players straight away.
Straight away! This is KR's Oxford. How about on August 30th?

Sadly has to go down as one of the worst signings we've ever made, when you consider the financial outlay and what he brought to the team. He was very unlucky with injuries but all in all, a very poor signing by KR.
It's a prime example of what happens when you leave things so late you then have to panic buy and take the next player that comes along. The agent and the player knew we were desperate and played a blinder. Don't blame Hanson at all he was just looking after himself. Four year contracts were as rare a rocking horse s**t at our level.
I wish him well!!

It's a prime example of what happens when you leave things so late you then have to panic buy and take the next player that comes along. The agent and the player knew we were desperate and played a blinder. Don't blame Hanson at all he was just looking after himself. Four year contracts were as rare a rocking horse s**t at our level.
I wish him well!!
No one seems to know why we seem to have trouble tying up signings and leave it late. The usual suspects vaguely blame Karl but is that we habitually try for players we have no chance of, or is the board being slow to sign off on things?

Our recruiting department obviously saw something in him at Derby, I suppose if he had stayed fit we may have seen a different player.
Maybe - at the time we signed him the Derby fans said he was OK in quite a few positions but not outstanding in any of them. Signing that type of 'utility' player on such a long, expensive contract seemed a bit odd at the time and (with the ever accurate benefit of hindsight) seems even odder now!

No one seems to know why we seem to have trouble tying up signings and leave it late. The usual suspects vaguely blame Karl but is that we habitually try for players we have no chance of, or is the board being slow to sign off on things?
.... (and) theres the agents involvement , often putting a metaphorical spanner in the works, causing delays and deals falling through

Maybe - at the time we signed him the Derby fans said he was OK in quite a few positions but not outstanding in any of them. Signing that type of 'utility' player on such a long, expensive contract seemed a bit odd at the time and (with the ever accurate benefit of hindsight) seems even odder now!
wasnt Hanson's arrival tentatively linked someway to Short's arrival .... or am I miss remembering?

He must also go down in history as the player with the highest amount of misplaced passes that lead to an opposition goal!

.... (and) theres the agents involvement , often putting a metaphorical spanner in the works, causing delays and deals falling through
That’s true of all clubs though we apparently spend an unusual amount on agents. I expect someone knowledgeable will be along

there are many possible factors and here's just 1....player A intimates he will join us, his Agent meanwhile rings say Pompey and says Oxford have offered x...Pompey counter the offer but need to offload one, and the player pops along to Fratton Park. The Pompey player then pops off to say Ipswich and so the domino effect continues.

Neither Oxford Pompey or Ipswich can confirm a deal.

Valid point made above about the “model” we can sight success in how many millions made on Dickie and Atkinson etc but really we should take off expensive failures like this from any figures being discussed. I think this basically wipes out all of the Atkinson money.
He cost £400k.
If you take account of Atkinson, Dickie , Brannagan, Whyte, Baptiste, Fosu (McNally), the club are massively in credit

No wage?

The usual suspects vaguely blame Karl but is that we habitually try for players we have no chance of, or is the board being slow to sign off on things?

Oh dear. Here we go again.

The person to blame is whoever's responsible for it. Since Karl has at one time or another acted as if he's responsible for just about everything at the club it's hardly surprising.

I hope that for this window the board has laid down clearly who is responsible for what with transfers and, as well as getting the support he's asked for, someone is overseeing the process so deals can be closed more quickly and more effectively and we don't hear "we had a deal with X but then he changed his mind".

It would be nice to think someone in the club was trying to integrate the planning of the academy with the other men's squads as well, but that's another bag of worms.

One of our highest earners off the books, and Winnalls wage certainly wasn't bad either. Perfect place to start for rebuilding this summer, must free up enough for 1 or 2 really good players straight away.
Pretty certain Winnall was on a pay as you play deal. Got nothing when unavailable.

Thank god he has left the building. What a complete and utter waste of our money and resources. Bizarre and random signing in the first place. I'd be fascinated to know how much he took in wages from the club, for a less than negligible return.

Thank god he has left the building. What a complete and utter waste of our money and resources. Bizarre and random signing in the first place. I'd be fascinated to know how much he took in wages from the club, for a less than negligible return.
Wasn’t signing Hanson down to Tiger?

I believe KR said something like that but then if Hanson had turned out like brannagan KR would have said it was his signing so who knows
Exactly. And if anyone thinks we're such a big club that KR wouldn't have been involved in the signing at some point, then that's a concern I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom