Ex Player Herbie Kane

My second team Ayr United just got a battling draw at Arbroath, who are apparently known as the ‘Red Lichties’.

Arbroath vs Ayr United is coincidentally the worst game of football I have ever seen - a 0-0 draw in approximately 2004 at the Gayfield in front of no more than 300 farmers and their dogs, in a turgid affair in which both sides were lucky to get nil.

The Gayfield however is a magnificent stadium lost in time, one without segregation that you could walk all around, changing ends at half-time if so desired (although it made no difference to the midfield stalemate on display).

Also, the pitch is that close to the beach that I lost count of the number of times a hulking defender punted a clearance and the ball was lost to the North Sea.

Fabulous day out!

My second team Ayr United just got a battling draw at Arbroath, who are apparently known as the ‘Red Lichties’.
Family is from Ayrshire. Moved to Oxford in the eighties although my gran stayed there until 2000. I could’ve easily spent my life on the terraces of Somerset Park, singing about Kilmarnock being a bunch of fannies.

Went to Ibrox once to see Rangers v St Mirren (mum’s family are all from Paisley) and Kenny Miller scored five. Someone got upset because Lorenzo Amoruso was wearing boots with a green tongue. Then a few thousand people started singing about the Pope being a sex offender.

Up the fitba.

Arbroath vs Ayr United is coincidentally the worst game of football I have ever seen - a 0-0 draw in approximately 2004 at the Gayfield in front of no more than 300 farmers and their dogs, in a turgid affair in which both sides were lucky to get nil.

The Gayfield however is a magnificent stadium lost in time, one without segregation that you could walk all around, changing ends at half-time if so desired (although it made no difference to the midfield stalemate on display).

Also, the pitch is that close to the beach that I lost count of the number of times a hulking defender punted a clearance and the ball was lost to the North Sea.

Fabulous day out!
I notice that Gayfield is situated right next to a place called Pleasureland...one assumes Trading Standards don't get up that far north?

Unbenannt.jpg

Family is from Ayrshire. Moved to Oxford in the eighties although my gran stayed there until 2000. I could’ve easily spent my life on the terraces of Somerset Park, singing about Kilmarnock being a bunch of fannies.

Went to Ibrox once to see Rangers v St Mirren (mum’s family are all from Paisley) and Kenny Miller scored five. Someone got upset because Lorenzo Amoruso was wearing boots with a green tongue. Then a few thousand people started singing about the Pope being a sex offender.

Up the fitba.
So’s mine! I saw Ayr beat Celtic in the 70s, when they were briefly in the top flight.

Anyway, dragging this thread back on topic, namely the "best midfielder I've ever seen in yellow" (former holders Lundstram, Leven, Ledson and probably others who's surname doesn't start with an L), let's answer the burning question:

Should Herbie just admit defeat and shave it all off? Discuss...

Anyway, dragging this thread back on topic, namely the "best midfielder I've ever seen in yellow" (former holders Lundstram, Leven, Ledson and probably others who's surname doesn't start with an L), let's answer the burning question:

he should

I went bald young just like Herbie, you have to shave it eventually but let the lad at least try and fight the good fight however pointless. He will get there in the end.

Never effected me with the ladies, that’s because other than being a slap head I am incredibly good looking, ripped and toned, rich and well endowed (plus also a compulsive liar which probably helped).

Back
Top Bottom