Manager/Coach Horton out !!..............

Anyone had 8 promotions and 6 relegations, I think that would be from the Southern League promotion at the end of 61/2?

Anyone had 8 promotions and 6 relegations, I think that would be from the Southern League promotion at the end of 61/2?
Yep ...just ( first match was easter monday at home v bath city in the first season after changing from hufc to oufc- we lost 1-3)....though being pedantic , we were elected to the football league (replacing the space vacated accrington stanley going bust) back then there was no direct promotion/relegation between fl and non league, the club finishing bottom of fl had to apply for re election....the name change from hufc to oufc was partly to achieve election to the fl, oxford being better known than headington apparently, as an aside Oxford city fc opposed the name change when initially proposed

Technically 1 election plus subsequent promotions and relegations from the Southern league days

I was the only one of my friends not allowed to go to that game as I was to young (parents never stopped me doing much else for that reason so I assume they were probably just to skint to pay for me) so I was absolutely gutted to miss out on celebrating staying up, made even worse when all I heard about school the following week was how mental everyone had gone celebrating.

I was glad we stayed up and everything, but even now all these posts about it has bought up the envy and regret I feel at missing out, alongside the time they hid my megadrive on Christmas morning and said they were sold out and kept the pretence up for ages it’s the reason they are going in a shite care home.
Brilliant, made me laugh out loud.

I was there, remember it well. We needed Blackburn to win, which they made a right effort about. Half time it looked like we were going down. The wait at the end of the game though, christ that was nervy.

Scenes when the the news came through..
First and last time dancing on a barrier after spraining my ankle falling off. Happy days.

Back
Top Bottom