iFollow

DevilsAvocado

Hello,

Just wondering what the deal is with the club and ifollow on a match day ?

Is it just a case that OUFC take the money and wash their hands of it saying,
nothing to do with us when there are problems or is there someone at the
club that can take a couple of minutes to make sure that its running smoothly
on a match day ?

As an overseas fan i no longer have access to the bbc and rely on ifollow to
to kick in with the pre match build up, this last saturday radox kicked in 9
minutes prior to kick off, thats like sex with no foreplay, it diminishes the
experience. Whats really frustrating is that there is no-one to contact apart
from a bot called Ivy at ifollow accounts, which is a complete waste of time.

It would be great if someone at the club could keep an eye out on how
its working on a match day and remind whoever is responsible to plug a
cable or 2 in at the right time.

Thanks

BBC Radio Oxford sports preview is available from 1 hour (weekends) or 45 minutes (Mon - Fri) before kick-off on internet. I'll add a link later. I switch over to iFollow about 4 minutes before kick-off.

BBC Radio Oxford sports preview is available from 1 hour (weekends) or 45 minutes (Mon - Fri) before kick-off on internet. I'll add a link later. I switch over to iFollow about 4 minutes before kick-off.

Nice one, thanks.

Hello,

Just wondering what the deal is with the club and ifollow on a match day ?

Is it just a case that OUFC take the money and wash their hands of it saying,
nothing to do with us when there are problems or is there someone at the
club that can take a couple of minutes to make sure that its running smoothly
on a match day ?

As an overseas fan i no longer have access to the bbc and rely on ifollow to
to kick in with the pre match build up, this last saturday radox kicked in 9
minutes prior to kick off, thats like sex with no foreplay, it diminishes the
experience. Whats really frustrating is that there is no-one to contact apart
from a bot called Ivy at ifollow accounts, which is a complete waste of time.

It would be great if someone at the club could keep an eye out on how
its working on a match day and remind whoever is responsible to plug a
cable or 2 in at the right time.

Thanks
The service is run by a 3rd party contracted to EFL. The club have very little ability to make things happen on match days.

The service is run by a 3rd party contracted to EFL. The club have very little ability to make things happen on match days.

Thanks, i`m kind of surprised that each club does not have an ifollow coordinator tbh.
One hour before the game make sure its working, if working fine crack on, if not, they
can contact ifollow on our behalf, because as it stands, when things go wrong we are
screwed.

Thanks, i`m kind of surprised that each club does not have an ifollow coordinator tbh.
One hour before the game make sure its working, if working fine crack on, if not, they
can contact ifollow on our behalf, because as it stands, when things go wrong we are
screwed.
I believe its the nature of the contract the EFL have signed (and the EFL are very little help either). I had loads of issues at the beginning of last season and it took me contacting the US streaming provider Endeavor (https://www.endeavorstreaming.com/) to get things sorted. EFL, Endeavour (previously known as NeuLion), and the EFL website providers Realise all seem to blame one another. The club do have a contact email (ifollow@oufc.co.uk) and the SLO, but their ability to get things sorted on matchdays is limited.
I believe the early link up to BBC had to be specially negotiated.

I believe its the nature of the contract the EFL have signed (and the EFL are very little help either). I had loads of issues at the beginning of last season and it took me contacting the US streaming provider Endeavor (https://www.endeavorstreaming.com/) to get things sorted. EFL, Endeavour (previously known as NeuLion), and the EFL website providers Realise all seem to blame one another. The club do have a contact email (ifollow@oufc.co.uk) and the SLO, but their ability to get things sorted on matchdays is limited.
I believe the early link up to BBC had to be specially negotiated.

Thanks for sharing that, the last bit about the early link up having to be specially negotiated would explain a few things.

Despite the contracts i would like to see OUFC be a little more pro-active, when its not working someone at the club
can maybe get on social media to let people know they are aware of it, something as simple as that would be a positive.

Thanks again for your message, i appreciate you taking the time to fill in some of the blanks.

They do tweet every time there's a MAJOR issue.

Well, i wouldnt say that no sound is a MAJOR issue but its still a problem that
happens far too often.

Think the problem here is that we have no way of knowing if the problems are
coming from the stadium or if its a server issue, if its the former and someone
has forgotten to plug a cable in then a little prod from someone at the club isnt
too much to ask, if its a server issue, fine, i don`t expect OUFC to be able to do
anything about that except let us know.

I watched the replay of the Morecambe game with their commentary, at one
point in the second half the sound cuts out for about 4 or 5 mins and comes
back on again just when they score, turns out the co-commentator needed to
recharge his phone and had removed the ifollow sound cable to do this, it can
be as simple a problem as that.

Back
Top Bottom