Ex Player Jack Stevens

Away from spotlight ? Stevens played 27 games for Vale of which 8 were cleans sheets and at least 3 MoM games. Vales Defence Xg data was as bad as ours if not worse. Think the lad didn’t do bad apart from mistake at Accrington and him leaving is more to do with Oxfords internal politics with new manager and his brush than anything else.

Hope the lad shines at Cambridge and bigger things happen in future to which Oxford will benefit. Knowing the lad I know that when he comes to Kassam, clapping the yellow army as a way of saying thanks will be on his agenda whatever the score.
Away from the spotlight HERE I meant.

In many cases, competition for places can be healthy, but the in/out nature of the battle between him and eastie,where one mistake can mean losing your place, and supporters (and staff?) increasingly vocal about who should/shouldn't get the nod, I just felt//feel itl wasn't what he needed last season.

Far better to be somewhere with the security and confidence boost of being #1, so that he can focus on gradually improving/regaining his form, without constantly looking over his shoulder and every mistake potentially disastrous.

I know you are 'close' to Jack and can assure you I wish him nothing but the best in the rest of his career and hope to see him around the EFL for many years to come

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom