Current Player #26 James Golding

Am I right in remembering that Golding was right footed? If so can someone with more technical nous than me say explain why he, if he is indeed right footed, played on the left of the 3? Surely that made his debut even more impressive and why didn’t one of the more experienced CH’s play there.

Am I right in remembering that Golding was right footed? If so can someone with more technical nous than me say explain why he, if he is indeed right footed, played on the left of the 3? Surely that made his debut even more impressive and why didn’t one of the more experienced CH’s play there.
He was definitely right footed, to be honest Long is more suited to the central role and McNally is right footed too but he plays better on the right

I suspect it was to have as little disruption as possible with McNally staying on the right where he's played in tis formation before. Also Brannagan plays on the left so was regularly there to take a short pass off Golding which would have been a big help.

had a couple of shaky moments, those apart I thought he had a good game, nearly scored too ( for them ! , then in the 2nd half r he almost made it a dream debut with a goal at the East stand end but for a goal line clearance)

I'm no footballing genius but I'm pretty sure we played a back four yesterday? McNally on the right, Seddon on the left, Golding and Sam in the middle?

I'm no footballing genius but I'm pretty sure we played a back four yesterday? McNally on the right, Seddon on the left, Golding and Sam in the middle?
The one position Seddon most certainly didn’t occupy at any point yesterday was left back.

Seddon played as a left wing back. He was okay. Don’t think he deserves any criticism for yesterday.

Seddon played as a left wing back. He was okay. Don’t think he deserves any criticism for yesterday.
I don’t understand why he takes up so many many central positions when we’re on the attack. Surely his job is it maintain the width and stretch the pitch? Can get so congested with Bodin and two forwards in the middle.

Back at the club - anyone know how he got on? Always thought he looked comfortable playing in L1 for us but played in daft positions.

Guessing he’s back for cover due to Anderson injury but hopefully we change shape (at last) and he bolsters the numbers for a back 3?!

Mr Manning's first signing? Good. Good luck James Golding, hope he'll complete the rites of passage to the senior squad and, once at close quarters with L1 players prove he has the fire down below to succeed

Back
Top Bottom