General James Henry and Elliott Moore

Personally glad to see Henry stay for another year.
From August through to early December this year, he was one of our key players. After a poor end to the 2020/21 season, he was back and much closer to his best.....hatrick against Lincoln, winner against Wednesday - he was a big part of a team that was squarely in the playoff places when he got hurt.
Yes, injuries then ruined the second half of his season, but it's not as if he's been a sicknote throughout his Oxford career.
Will be a great complementary option next season, as well as a good head to have in the dressing room.

Moore extension is obviously even better, and I do have some hope that he might be here long term.
I think he's a great League One central defender, but I have some doubts that he's going to follow the likes of Dickie, Atkinson & co. up the pyramid. Doesn't have the pace, and although he's not skill-free - he's not a natural ball-playing defender either. I'm sure his agent will test the waters, but I wouldn't have said that getting him to sign a long-term extension was out of the question.
(McNally is the one that will surely move on to higher things. Just hoping that we get to see him for one more season before that happens)

If we can keep him well conditioned to play against the opposition he'll be suited for - teams that sit deep and concede long shots and need pinpoint crosses to unlock, then he's definitely a useful option.

Bear in mind that Matty managed to reach 20 goals in a season where Henry wasn't at his best, and that the two were telepathic in the season and a half before that. Was probably Taylor and Baldock tugging on KR's sleeve asking if they can please please keep hold of the nice crossing man.
One of the good things about James Henry is that he's the best at getting a goal out of not much, a daisycutter into the corner when surrounded by players on the edge of the box. Very useful against defensive teams like Cheltenham.

He fits the bill to be in our squad then
Slavic is a player that showed great potential but has recently had a run of bad luck with injuries. He’s been offered a short term contract so that he has the opportunity to show that they’re behind him. If it proves not to be the case then it’ll be a shame for both him and the club but at least he was given a shot at it. I can’t see any problem at all with that?

Otherwise we could have a possible scenario of a Matty Taylor situation where he drops down in to non league and works his way back up and we’re all asking ‘what if..?’

Slavic is a player that showed great potential but has recently had a run of bad luck with injuries. He’s been offered a short term contract so that he has the opportunity to show that they’re behind him. If it proves not to be the case then it’ll be a shame for both him and the club but at least he was given a shot at it. I can’t see any problem at all with that?

Otherwise we could have a possible scenario of a Matty Taylor situation where he drops down in to non league and works his way back up and we’re all asking ‘what if..?’
I agree, was only jesting about our injury prone squad!

I wouldn’t register him to be completely clear. Ideally we’d have 4 CBs - Moore, McNally and two more, plus Sam Long that can play in a 3.

I think Mous has to be a registered player to fulfil his role as PFA chairman…

No he doesn't. He needs to have a professional contract, even if it's only £1 a year salary. He categorically does NOT have to be registered in the EFL squad.

Good to know, appreciate the clarification!

No he doesn't. He needs to have a professional contract, even if it's only £1 a year salary. He categorically does NOT have to be registered in the EFL squad.

The club might want to take a look at me for one of these £1 a year contracts.

I'm nearly 50 and I've always been shite but I'm faster than Dave Woozley, have better positional sense than Alex Jeanin, and don't mind going in goal if the actual keeper gets sent off*. Could someone let the club know?

*this means we can have an extra winger on the bench rather than cluttering it up with keepers

What's James Henry doing playing for Reading? I know we've triggered a contract extension, but might they try and poach him back.
I don't think he's going to play in the Championship at this point in his career.

Just seemed a bit unusual for someone with only ten appearances to be on the pitch for a legends game. Perhaps from his time at the academy he still has friends at the club, and they were looking for active players to make up the numbers and also our season finished before Readings.

A bit like when John Durnin used to play for Liverpool in the Masters Football six-aside on Sky.

It was McDermotts team vs Steve Coppell’s side wasn’t it….?

Brian Howard mentioned too. Wonder how fat he is nowadays?
Not much bigger than he was with us considering it was 8 years ago.
An agent these days - Momentum Sports Management - with Scott Twine & Rob Atkinson amongst others on the books.

Scored 2, first 1 a screamer, the second something rather testimonial style defending!!! Looks odd seeing a present player in a Reading shirt!

Scored 2, first 1 a screamer, the second something rather testimonial style defending!!! Looks odd seeing a present player in a Reading shirt!

Looks a bigger crowd than some of their league games (based off Quest highlights).

Back
Top Bottom