Current Player #17 James Henry

or he'll blaze a shot over the bar when a simple pass was on and be blamed for us losing again
Looks like some here have dropped the vitriol towards him - good to see. Yes he should have scored at Wembley and didn't start the season very well but he's one of our best players and has been so for nearly four years.

Looks like some here have dropped the vitriol towards him - good to see. Yes he should have scored at Wembley and didn't start the season very well but he's one of our best players and has been so for nearly four years.
I Never had any towards him in the first place....in fact was quite astounded how strong some of it actually was, given that he was our player and had done so much to get us to that point

Hopefully we enjoy him playing for a long time yet, but I'd love to see Henry as a coach for us after his career is over. He's one of those players where I always just think "model pro"
I’m not sure I could see him coaching, he seems quite quiet and reserved. Maybe something more business focused.

• React
Reactions: m
2dc6a482048201245415d3b94c4c9ecf.jpg
JH in football league paper. Buy it to read the rest of his club interview.

Hopefully we enjoy him playing for a long time yet, but I'd love to see Henry as a coach for us after his career is over. He's one of those players where I always just think "model pro"
I think KR has the same opinion. 200 games for Oxford if he plays today. Invaluable player for us in the last few years. Despite his lack of speed/acceleration he often seems to have that little bit of extra time on the ball that top players seem to make for themselves. Great vision and the ability to pick a pass. It’s often been said that when he plays well the team plays well. Look forward to the next 100 games and his hoped-for promotion “this year or next.”

I think KR has the same opinion. 200 games for Oxford if he plays today. Invaluable player for us in the last few years. Despite his lack of speed/acceleration he often seems to have that little bit of extra time on the ball that top players seem to make for themselves. Great vision and the ability to pick a pass. It’s often been said that when he plays well the team plays well. Look forward to the next 100 games and his hoped-for promotion “this year or next.”
Yet there were some who wanted to see Henry off loaded in the summer…….. he is on occasions a mainstay in our team.

Agree with this, the one thing i would say about Henry is that he does have the tendency to disappear in games, for a player with such
quality to put in somewhere between 5 and 10 really good performances a season ( imo ) is kinda disappointing, bit harsh maybe but
he has the potential to dominate games at this level and i don`t think we see enough of that. On the plus side, i think the Kane factor
is going to help push him to a minimum 7/10 on a regular basis.

As for a coaching role, yep, i`m all for that, granted he comes across as a bit quiet, but i guess within the group of players/staff he has
his voice and with football being such a mercenary world i really like the idea that senior players that are a good influence and are model
pro`s can have a future at the club once they retire from playing.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom