Current Player #17 James Henry

It does worry me - maybe we are considering offering him a longer contract and both he and we are negotiating it

If we have a one year option on him, and choose to trigger it, then he wouldn't be leaving.
Yes I know, but I imagine with a mature and intelligent guy like that there would be discussion. He’s apparently our highest earner with Taylor, and they may decide to use the money elsewhere, while he may have a two or three year offer elsewhere.

Yes I know, but I imagine with a mature and intelligent guy like that there would be discussion. He’s apparently our highest earner with Taylor, and they may decide to use the money elsewhere, while he may have a two or three year offer elsewhere.
Yes that may be so. But, originally you said he may choose to leave, when it's really down to club if he does so, or not.

Well constructed and well taken goal by Henry yesterday. Per Rage Online his 47th goal for OUFC, now 16th in the list of our all-time top goal scorers. Equal with John Shuker and Johnny Lager.
I'm sorry, but you have broken a cardinal rule. It is simply not permissible to mention Johnny Lager without preceding his name with "Oooh" ;)

I'm sorry, but you have broken a cardinal rule. It is simply not permissible to mention Johnny Lager without preceding his name with "Oooh" ;)
Crikey, you’re right, now corrected. After 55 years of standing there, I’ll also ban myself from the London Road (Left Side) for the next match, stand on the Beech Road (Shelf) instead and practice shouting “MOVE IT MOVE IT” very loudly in the back garden for the next few days.

somewhat concerned there has been no announcement of the club activating James Henry’s contract. He deserves at least one more year. After a poor start to the season he has shown his class in recent months

I'd suspect quite a lot depends on whether the season finishes on Sunday or is extended by a few games. And maybe even what the result of that is.

somewhat concerned there has been no announcement of the club activating James Henry’s contract. He deserves at least one more year. After a poor start to the season he has shown his class in recent months
I thought he signed a 2 year contract with an option for one more year? And I’m sure that was last year

I wouldn't be all that surprised if he were released, however if we don't get promotion he'd be a key figure. He's a fantastic player at this level on a chunk I should imagine. Should we go up, the athleticism of Champ players is very different. I think that's why someone like Elliot Lee has been phased out at Luton, yet thrives in League One. It's definitely a gamble if you don't retain his services...

I wouldn't be all that surprised if he were released, however if we don't get promotion he'd be a key figure. He's a fantastic player at this level on a chunk I should imagine. Should we go up, the athleticism of Champ players is very different. I think that's why someone like Elliot Lee has been phased out at Luton, yet thrives in League One. It's definitely a gamble if you don't retain his services...

I think you will be surprised to see he will still be with us.

I was just going to comment when I realised I never see championship games so have no idea! However James is very good at football which is still involved at that level so could still have a role to play even if we go up.

If he leaves he's always welcome back to the club in a coaching role etc, he's been a great professional for us.

Back
Top Bottom