Ex Player #11 Joey Beauchamp RIP

It's a beautiful day to say goodbye to Joey. Full details ae on the Club website. If you can get over to Kidlington his family would appreciate it - you'll need to hurry! If you can give anything to the fund for his daughters that would be a tremendous help. Fans raised £10k for display flags in just a few days, but so far the fund for the girls has only a fraction of that.
However you mark the day, RIP Joey. 💛💙💔

though I worked at Oxford during Joey’s second fabulous spell I was not able to get to Kidlington today so watched the live streaming with tears in my eyes, especially when I saw Joey’s 2 brave girls walking down the aisle behing Joey’s coffin wearing their Oxford United shirts with Beauchamp on the back. Rosie spoke amazingly in his tribute. An emotional but in a way uplifting service. Sleep well my hero. I do hope as many as feel able donate to the Trust fund.

Gutted I couldn’t be there today to pay my respects, but I’ve been struck down with an awful dose of covid.

RIP Joey, we’ll never forget you 💛

I agree with many on here, didn’t need to broadcast the exact cause of death, classless imho. My best mate ever committed suicide, it’s painful to say the least 😩 - Something I will never forget ever and will haunt me 🥲🥲🥲

Perhaps there will be a further influx after pay-day.

I suspect there will be other initiatives organised to help the trust fund grow. I’m waiting to hear back from Niall McWilliams on something I want to do (but want OUFC’s help on) and I know he is talking to Joey’s brother Luke on how to maximise the fundraising efforts.

I’ve no doubt that the Oxford United family and the wider football community to ensure that Joey’s girls are given a big helping hand.

Back
Top Bottom