Manager/Coach Karl Robinson.

It’s good to see a report like this as I too have thought for some time KR does not always get the recognition he deserves.
He is vocal about our team because he cares whether we do well or not.
If we get any sort of result on Saturday I think the rest of the league will take note.
Rotherham know this league inside out and are the yardstick other teams can measure their side by.
Wycombe somehow seem to be defying logic by staying up amongst the front runners. I’m surprised he’s not gone on to an established championship club.
As expected Wigan are having a great season and may step up.
I really hope Oxford can do the same without third time lucky with the play offs
I'm not sure Wycombe are defying logic, it might be horrible to watch but Ainsworth has recruited some good, well paid footballers - he's certainly shopping somewhere near the top table in this division.

It’s definitely horrible to watch.
Ainsworth is definitely getting his side winning, and getting the best out of Obita.
Vokes was certainly a good acquisition

If only we could be a form of crisis more often. KR really does seem to excel when he has a firefight on his hands. The fewer players he has to work with, the better he gets. Remember the needless five subs debacle in the FA Cup?

It's been a great week considering the circumstances he has operated under. I agree with @Millman's assessment of what we need in January too. A lot may depend on who we can move on and what is available to bring in. I wouldn't be against a Jerome Sinclair/Jordan Bowery/Conor McAleny/David Connolly-style signing who is here for six months only with the sole aim of being a secondary forward option who can take the pressure off Taylor from time to time. They needn't be a long term signing nor particularly prolific - just effective, can manage a good number of minutes and be a positive influence around the place. Nail that and it could be an interesting run in.

If only we could be a form of crisis more often. KR really does seem to excel when he has a firefight on his hands. The fewer players he has to work with, the better he gets. Remember the needless five subs debacle in the FA Cup?

It's been a great week considering the circumstances he has operated under. I agree with @Millman's assessment of what we need in January too. A lot may depend on who we can move on and what is available to bring in. I wouldn't be against a Jerome Sinclair/Jordan Bowery/Conor McAleny/David Connolly-style signing who is here for six months only with the sole aim of being a secondary forward option who can take the pressure off Taylor from time to time. They needn't be a long term signing nor particularly prolific - just effective, can manage a good number of minutes and be a positive influence around the place. Nail that and it could be an interesting run in.
They must be better than George Waring or Philliskirk though!

It’s definitely horrible to watch.
Ainsworth is definitely getting his side winning, and getting the best out of Obita.
Vokes was certainly a good acquisition
Vokes on 10 k a week , McCleary there player , Tafazolli , Stewart , Stockdale all on very decent money.
An experienced side to say the least who if fail to go up will very likely drop as the 8 million bonus goes and players retire !

You certainly have to hand it to Ainsworth.
He plays his team to their strengths

I would just like to say what a great job our manager and players have done in the last week or so. To take 4 points from the last two games with only half a squad including a draw against the in form league leaders is simply stunning. It has made me very proud to be an Oxford fan.

In the past I have been very critical of KR, and while at times I still think this has been justified I can only say now what a fantastic job he is doing. Even outside this recent quite frankly ridiculous situation we have found ourselves in overall this season we are greatly improved. The midfield KR has built is one of the best in the league, and when everyone is fit our first team is very very good. Last couple of seasons have seen us make a slow start and this season we have been much better (retaining a solid spine of a team has helped and we have added some very capable players). Another feature of last season which eventually did for us was the fact we looked poor compared to the top teams. Not so this season we now look like we could give anyone a game on the right day. KR must get the credit for a lot of this.

Are we perfect, well not quite. We are maybe two or three players short of a fantastic team. We are light of effective options up front. Short cover in one side of the full back positons and maybe with the injury to gorin another holding midfielder (who can also play in defense at a push) would be welcome. In January loaning in a young striker is a must (getting an experienced one may be too much of an ask) Winall is a passenger we do not need and Ageyi no matter how much I want him to succed does not look like he is the answer. If we add options up front to convert those many chances we are making but on occassion not taking. Plus add a little cover in the other areas we will be up for a good shot at a promotion push. I have some faith that KR is on the same song sheet here.

KR is a manager who seems to really shines when he is limited in team selection and over the last two games the results he and the team have delivered are stunning (there will be not many clubs who could do this with so many of their players missing). Well done KR keep up the good work and we will have a very exciting season.
I find posts like this interesting. Not because I necessarily disagree with them, but only the week prior we had far more players available and capitulated against Bristol Rovers (the second time we failed to beat an average League Two side), and many on this forum said that was down to the players not the manager. However now, when the back's against the wall and the results have gone well, it's Karl who's the one responsible.

I find posts like this interesting. Not because I necessarily disagree with them, but only the week prior we had far more players available and capitulated against Bristol Rovers (the second time we failed to beat an average League Two side), and many on this forum said that was down to the players not the manager. However now, when the back's against the wall and the results have gone well, it's Karl who's the one responsible.
I blame Karl for the first Rovers game (subs, not taking it seriously) and for silly formation in the second, but can't really blame him for us collapsing after being 3-1 up and reverting to our usual four at the back. He was sensible to stick to our usual shape this week and made the best of the players we had available.

I wonder if their fitness dropped off in the second half of the extra time as some of them were already suffering some effects of covid? Just a thought . . .

How manager of the month awards are given...
1) Team that is currently top of the league, irrespective of their monthly performance.
2) Not KR

Granted we've never been top with KR yet

1) Team that is currently top of the league, irrespective of their monthly performance.
2) Not KR

Sounds about right

2) Not KR

John Coleman has won it a couple of times. I don't think Accrington have been top?

As predicted KR missed out on November L1 manager of the month.... Danny Cowley won it
Although it's nothing in the grand scheme of things, it's pathetic how we keep missing out. A staggering month with Covid requiring excellent management to get results at the top teams- still not enough.

Brian Lee isn't on the selection panel is he?

Back
Top Bottom