Looking Back at the Old Oxford days

I was a barman in Whites bar1968-9. Can't remember much but the lockins were fun, including the plod on beat in for a pint 😌

I was a regular there mid 60's when the barman was Vic and became one of the in-crowd for lock-ins after I broke up a fight by banging the heads together of the two protagonists who had spilt my beer (sacrilege). Can't remember the names of the Irish landlord and his wife. Great times, even met my future wife there during a lock-in.

I
I was a regular there mid 60's when the barman was Vic and became one of the in-crowd for lock-ins after I broke up a fight by banging the heads together of the two protagonists who had spilt my beer (sacrilege). Can't remember the names of the Irish landlord and his wife. Great times, even met my future wife there during a lock-in.
I can't remember his name either but I can remember that the bar staff were only allowed to drink Guinness (free) while on duty. Hated it in the begin but could sink quite a few pints by the time I left. And working behind the bar did have it's advantages with the ladies ;)

I

I can't remember his name either but I can remember that the bar staff were only allowed to drink Guinness (free) while on duty. Hated it in the begin but could sink quite a few pints by the time I left. And working behind the bar did have it's advantages with the ladies ;)

Remember now, Dennis and Sheila.

I was a barman in Whites bar1968-9. Can't remember much but the lockins were fun, including the plod on beat in for a pint 😌
Seem to remember the yanks flooding in from Heyford and taking over the first floor...

Seem to remember the yanks flooding in from Heyford and taking over the first floor...
mate was a barman in mid 70s we were both apprentices at W Lucy .He brought knock off cassettes from a punter only to catch said punter breaking into his mini to pinch his cassettes.

Blimey, there was me thinking i was old. Reading this thread perhaps i'm not :). Mind never used to go into town much if at all at night. Did all my drinking in my local village. Couldn't even tell you what the city centre looks like now as haven't been there for probably 30 years now. Its great reading all the stories though.

Blimey, there was me thinking i was old. Reading this thread perhaps i'm not :). Mind never used to go into town much if at all at night. Did all my drinking in my local village. Couldn't even tell you what the city centre looks like now as haven't been there for probably 30 years now. Its great reading all the stories though.
Which village is that? I lived in Woodstock for a while, and at weekends groups of lads from Stonesfield use to come to Woodstock to drink, but occasionally venture into Oxford.

I lived in Appleton until 1989 when i moved to Pompey. Was born in Abingdon went to school in Abingdon
Which village is that? I lived in Woodstock for a while, and at weekends groups of lads from Stonesfield use to come to Woodstock to drink, but occasionally venture into Oxford.

Back
Top Bottom