Ex Player Luke McNally

Yes, another good performance tonight against Crewe after an outstanding game v Charlton.
Although I thought he struggled a bit when switched to full back and his throw-ins were just dreadful!

Yes, another good performance tonight against Crewe after an outstanding game v Charlton.
Although I thought he struggled a bit when switched to full back and his throw-ins were just dreadful!
Yeah, he was like a fish out of water at right back! And those throw-ins!! Almost cannot believe a professional footballer can’t do the basics!!

Agree with the other comments about McNally. Looks like another great find.

BUT…..Thorniley is a serious player and one hell of a signing. Certainly in the short term he is and will have more of an impact. Really need to sign him on permanently.

He’s doing just fine, I was a tad worried about him starting on Saturday but I needn’t have. Started tonight no worries ouch moved to RB worried? Nah he did ok.

Did a lot right and very little wrong, winning that corner towards the end showed he's pretty switched on. Two very good performances after being thrown in at the deep end.

I think he still has a little bit of learning to do, but the early signs are he'll be yet another CB to go from OUFC to the Championship, although hopefully with us this time! Did ok against Burton, very good against Charlton, and really decent again tonight. He's in a fantastic environment to learn and grow too with Moore, Thornily and Mous around him. Reckon by end of next season, or maybe even this one, we'll be worried about QPR coming in with £2m to replace Dickie.

I think he still has a little bit of learning to do, but the early signs are he'll be yet another CB to go from OUFC to the Championship, although hopefully with us this time! Did ok against Burton, very good against Charlton, and really decent again tonight. He's in a fantastic environment to learn and grow too with Moore, Thornily and Mous around him. Reckon by end of next season, or maybe even this one, we'll be worried about QPR coming in with £2m to replace Dickie.
If they got $20m for Dickie then we bump the price. Double dipping our finger in the epl money pie 🥧

One thing I'll say about McNally is that I've not noticed him much. That's meant as a compliment. He's fitted in very well and done his job efficiently.

One thing I'll say about McNally is that I've not noticed him much. That's meant as a compliment. He's fitted in very well and done his job efficiently.
Exactly, we all thought Moore would be a massive miss but McNally has come in and we've not looked any weaker. I just wish that KR would get proper fullback cover, left AND Right so that we don't have to continue with midfielders out of position. Ryan Williams has done brilliantly but imagine that level of determination closing down defenders further up the pitch.

BTW that is no discredit to Moore either, he is still first choice defender and has been an able captain.

Last edited:
Very impressed with McNally last night, looks strong, seemed quicker than we thought, generally good in the air - yes he looked a bit out of place at RB but give him a chance, and seriously who thought we'd be using our 5th right back three games in?! He could be the next gem!!

But KR MUST get some more full back cover in.....he waffles on about getting the right players in, well the truth is we need someone/anyone! Any type of full back will do!! I'm sure there are plenty out there available, if Erick is willing to finance it then we need to get it done. Other teams are getting players in, we must have some cover there.

Back
Top Bottom