Ex Player Luke McNally

Very impressed with McNally last night, looks strong, seemed quicker than we thought, generally good in the air - yes he looked a bit out of place at RB but give him a chance, and seriously who thought we'd be using our 5th right back three games in?! He could be the next gem!!

But KR MUST get some more full back cover in.....he waffles on about getting the right players in, well the truth is we need someone/anyone! Any type of full back will do!! I'm sure there are plenty out there available, if Erick is willing to finance it then we need to get it done. Other teams are getting players in, we must have some cover there.
Yeah, sign Nicky and Chris Cadden. :D they are both decent fullbacks and can play further up the pitch if required.

Impressive so far; athletic and strong in the air and although it’s by no means bad, with more work on his distribution he’ll fast become the polished gem.
Oh, and the throw ins. Just watch the highlights 😂

Nothing wrong with his throw ins. Both feet were on the floor when he chucked it back into play, just a little unorthodox.

I thought he was alright at right back, looked comfortable going forward when he was there and stole us a throw and a corner in quick succession. He needed Mousinho to point him back into position once or twice whilst he was filling in but he had a solid game overall.

Nothing wrong with his throw ins. Both feet were on the floor when he chucked it back into play, just a little unorthodox.

I thought he was alright at right back, looked comfortable going forward when he was there and stole us a throw and a corner in quick succession. He needed Mousinho to point him back into position once or twice whilst he was filling in but he had a solid game overall.
There might not be anything ‘wrong‘ with it as per the laws of the game but I have never, ever seen a throw in technique like it before. Lighten up, it was a joke 😃

Definitely wrong in law. Incorrectly taken throw in.
Both feet need to be on the floor when the throw in is taken.
It should then be awarded to the opposition.
I don't know why the match officials chose to ignore it.
He did two of these last night, this one almost led to a goal.

I saw the first throw and thought 'that's definitely a foul throw' so watched closer for his second one.

I think as @Jack Midson said above, his feet are both touching the floor as he releases, but then after the ball is gone his leg comes up in the follow through. Strictly speaking that would be a legal throw. Albeit only saw it once so would need replays to know for sure.

Luckily we have the technology to ensure that we can get to the bottom of important matters such as these. Here we can see McNally's exceptional technique.

Attachments

• McNallywonderthrow.png
    McNallywonderthrow.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 104
Depends - some clauses are sell on fee of profit, others are sell on fee of total.

And you know the full fee will be the enigmatic ‘undisclosed’ which will lead to eight pages of waffling on about the exact amount.

Still, it keeps the mods with something to do.

I thought he was terrific yesterday. He's actually better in the air than Moore. And he's more more aggressive. If he cuts out the odd careless error (concentration) he will play in the Championship. Maybe higher. He's quick as well. Very impressed.
Agree - he’s only 22 , is 6 ft 4” , heads a ball with power and accuracy and is very quick.
If he improves his distribution and stays level headed he could have a terrific career ahead of him.

His raw attributes are better then any of the centre halves we’ve developed and sold on recently, if he improves as much as the others I really think he could have a shot at the Premier league, his raw pace sets him apart from the rest.

Yes a really good find.
I am not sure how the club have managed to recruit so many good Centre Backs.

It's not just the recruitment. The recruitment team do deserve recognition for identifying players with raw potential but the coaching staff should take a lot of credit in shaping them into quality centre backs. There is definitely a trend, from Dunkley to Nelson to Dickie to Moore to Atkinson and now McNally.

Anyone else think that we should offer Luke a new extended contract?

He hasn't played much, but whenever I've seen him play, he has looked inpressive.
Assuming he becomes a more regular starter next season, by the end of it, he'd only have 12 months left on his contract.
We've only really got Luke, JS and MM as possible saleable future assets currently.

I'd like to see him offered a new slightly improved 3 1/2 year deal.

He hasn't played much, but whenever I've seen him play, he has looked inpressive.
Assuming he becomes a more regular starter next season, by the end of it, he'd only have 12 months left on his contract.
We've only really got Luke, JS and MM as possible saleable future assets currently.

Yup- he's going to be very good!

Yep.

Back
Top Bottom