Current Player #18 Marcus McGuane

Well, he actually shed more light on the situation:

“But at this moment, we’re expecting him to come back for pre-season - unless we as a club think differently.”

So now we all know what the situation is. McGuane will either be there for preseason or he won't. Why can't Karl speak with such clarity and precision?
Perhaps KR & CH are each trying to win the Billy Bullshit award - Hughton hasn't really said anything concrete there either

so you'd rather read nothing into a nothing newspaper report just so you can once more slag off our manager

it really is getting boring

Be careful what you wish for
I think the others are making a fair observation to be honest. No matter what Hughton says, Karl touting McGuane as an achievable marquee signing publicly just shows he hasn't learnt at all. How many times has he been ridiculously public about a player, only for that player not to sign? And how many times has he chased that big signing, only for that player to eventually join but not soon enough for Karl to member there are other positions on the pitch that need strengthening too.

People are only treating this example as a trope because it's happened time and time again, you say the criticism's getting boring, well I think the repeated transfer failures are more boring.

I think the others are making a fair observation to be honest. No matter what Hughton says, Karl touting McGuane as an achievable marquee signing publicly just shows he hasn't learnt at all. How many times has he been ridiculously public about a player, only for that player not to sign? And how many times has he chased that big signing, only for that player to eventually join but not soon enough for Karl to member there are other positions on the pitch that need strengthening too.

People are only treating this example as a trope because it's happened time and time again, you say the criticism's getting boring, well I think the repeated transfer failures are more boring.
I don’t understand our repeated ongoing transfer farces. Surely recruitment isn’t just up to the team manager? We must have project manager types who handle all the dealings

The only thing to gain by him saying anything with regards to transfers at this moment in time is to deflect attention from our recent performances.

We’re not in a transfer window, nobody is eagerly awaiting who we might sign and nobody from the media is particularly pressing for answers on it, yet here we have Robinson volunteering transfer speculation, and not just we’re interested in him, but also timeframes.

It’s not rocket science, he needed to give the positive PR machine a kick to keep it going before it came to a juddering halt

That’s a massive signing for me. Jury maybe still out on him as a championship player but I’m convinced that if we’re in League One next season (as seems most likely at the moment) and he stays fit he will be one of our best players.

Yes we only saw a few games from him when he was at his best but when we did, he clearly had something special. Still young so can develop and you don’t play for Arsenal and Barcelona without having some decent pedigree.

No doubt some will be warning caution but overall I’m delighted with that sign of ambition from the club. No offence but let’s get rid of the likes of Kelly, Hall and Grayson and sign more players of the level of McGuane and Barker...

Back
Top Bottom