Ex Player Mark Sykes

Yes they have and they were the best team last season in my opinion look how much stronger they were than us

We need a new keeper but keep Stevens as back up

The amount of goals we concede is shocking for this level let alone the next level, would keep Mc Nally, Long and Moore but as back up

Branagan , Browne and Skyes are the three definitely worth keeping in a starting eleven

Taylor may have played 67 times but scored only 7 goals again I would keep him as a back up

If we can sign Baldock and Kane great plus Thornilley we have a nucleus of a team

Also keep Williams as he is so versatile
Blackpool came 4th? Over the season they were nowhere near the best team in the Division.
They finished really well and looked very good in the play offs.
Moore or McNally would start in the Championship ( see where their next moves are if we don't go up)
If Stevens reproduces last seasons form he should get a chance.
There is no way that a team is promoted and you ditch 8 of the team immediately

Blackpool came 4th? Over the season they were nowhere near the best team in the Division.
Moore or McNally would start in the Championship ( see where their next moves are if we don't go up)
It was only because they had such a poor start and got most players in during the August window.
After that I would suggest they were the best side in the league.
Moore and Mc Nally are good but they they are nowhere near Atkinson and Dickie, I think after another season Mc Nally might get there but Moore isn’t consistent enough for me
Im not saying you ditch some of these players they will remain in the squad. I just think that if you want to stay up you have to get better. If we had better defenders now we would be in with a chance of the automatics.
Don‘t forget Whyte, Kane, Thornilley and Holland have played a big part in our success this season, so I would suggest if we did get promotion we would have four more loans who would be a step up from them.

I really like McNally, but to say he starts now in a championship side is a bit wide of the mark in my opinion. He will be a really good player though with a bit more experience

• React
Reactions: MJB
If we go up we will sign some players, hopefully including defenders, and keep others. It would be a process of evolution rather than revolution if Robinson stayed in charge. In general I'm not sure I buy the idea of 'X is/isn't a championship player' - some would grow into that role while others maybe wouldn't, but I don't think you can predict who would do well at this point.

• React
Reactions: m
It was only because they had such a poor start and got most players in during the August window.
After that I would suggest they were the best side in the league.
Moore and Mc Nally are good but they they are nowhere near Atkinson and Dickie, I think after another season Mc Nally might get there but Moore isn’t consistent enough for me
Im not saying you ditch some of these players they will remain in the squad. I just think that if you want to stay up you have to get better. If we had better defenders now we would be in with a chance of the automatics.
Don‘t forget Whyte, Kane, Thornilley and Holland have played a big part in our success this season, so I would suggest if we did get promotion we would have four more loans who would be a step up from them.

To me the best team over 46 games wins the league ( regardless of good/ bad starts finishes etc)
Hull were the best team in L1.
Moore is as good as Atkinson in my view. Better at defending (if you want to talk Blackpool, Atkinson was given a torrid time in the play offs).
Dickie is being talked about as an England pkayer.
McNally will be better next season. Moore and McNally would be in our side if we go up.
OK if we don't go up, let's see what happens to Moore. I suspect he will end up in the Championship.

If we go up we will sign some players, hopefully including defenders, and keep others. It would be a process of evolution rather than revolution if Robinson stayed in charge. In general I'm not sure I buy the idea of 'X is/isn't a championship player' - some would grow into that role while others maybe wouldn't, but I don't think you can predict who would do well at this point.
Agree.
I remember when many suggested that Shotton and Briggs would be nowhere near good enough for the top Division.

To me the best team over 46 games wins the league ( regardless of good/ bad starts finishes etc)
Hull were the best team in L1.
Moore is as good as Atkinson in my view. Better at defending (if you want to talk Blackpool, Atkinson was given a torrid time in the play offs).
Dickie is being talked about as an England pkayer.
McNally will be better next season. Moore and McNally would be in our side if we go up.
OK if we don't go up, let's see what happens to Moore. I suspect he will end up in the Championship.
He might end up in the Championship but in my view will be another Josh Ruffles who never starts

Agree.
I remember when many suggested that Shotton and Briggs would be nowhere near good enough for the top Division.
There's a difference between signing for a higher club and going up with one. Matty didn't do so well when he went to Bristol City but if we kept creating chances I think he'd score in the championship. I keep saying it, I know, but Bournemouth kept a lot of players from league one to the Premier league.

Really would like to see Mark Sykes sign a new contract.
Maybe like Cameron Brannagans, with buy out clause, so all parties are covered.
Even Gary Hamilton.

Really would like to see Mark Sykes sign a new contract.
Maybe like Cameron Brannagans, with buy out clause, so all parties are covered.
Even Gary Hamilton.
As long as the bug out clause would work for us.

Back
Top Bottom