Ex Player Mark Sykes

Don’t tell me Sykes is being scouted by the bin dippers or Man U he’s far to good for either of them

But you do also have a thing for Man Utd (you and Baldy back in the day), so two reasons for your anti-scouse viewpoint.
Christ yeah forgot about Baldy and Moobs from the old forum. Moobs was an Arsenal fan wasn't he?

Christ yeah forgot about Baldy and Moobs from the old forum. Moobs was an Arsenal fan wasn't he?
Yes, another that lived on past glories, its all City and Liverpool now. Chelsea could maybe challenge....

• React
Reactions: m
Well done to Mark Sykes last night. Bounced back well from Saturday, and put in a good performance. Just hope he finds some consistency when called upon. There is a good player in there!

Well done to Mark Sykes last night. Bounced back well from Saturday, and put in a good performance. Just hope he finds some consistency when called upon. There is a good player in there!
I think that’s his best side, on the right of a front three or a midfield three, getting into pockets of space and wide positions to feed/cross the ball into the strikers.

He was superb in the 4-0 win against West Ham, playing on that side, but has rarely been played there since.

3 goals so far and at this rate he could be close to double figures.
He has always played with high energy but his final ball and end product has let him down.
He seems to be getting better and let's hope that he signs a new contract

3 goals so far and at this rate he could be close to double figures.
He has always played with high energy but his final ball and end product has let him down.
He seems to be getting better and let's hope that he signs a new contract
Not forgetting his work rate and fitness - there was one instance in the second half on Tuesday where he made a lot of ground defending a break from a corner and maintained his composure. Sure, there are still a few frustrating moments but the improvement from last season is discernable.

Glad he’s improved as he has been one of the most frustrating players we’ve had in recent years with lots of talent but rarely showing it until recently, shame that he has found form just before his contract needs renewing

Seems to be a player who needs a good deal of input to generate positive performances. Was on the verge of being shipped out on loan in the not too distant past, presumably either to give him a kick up the backside or being shown the door. Really pleased he has pushed on with us, hope this continues!

Maybe Sykes will be another player who we’ll lose in January /end of season for nothing, very poor management unless I’ve missed something?

Maybe Sykes will be another player who we’ll lose in January /end of season for nothing, very poor management unless I’ve missed something?
I would have to bought the club would be talking to Sykes as he certainly deserves a new improved contract.

For a long time he didn’t deserve a new contract, and then by the time he was playing well enough it’s going to be very difficult to get him to agree to one As he will know the potential of leaving and going to a higher level on more money

Easy to say we should’ve sorted it sooner, but then I’d imagine you would moan if we gave him a new deal and he never improved and ended up on the fringes of the squad taking up a wage

How on earth do you know what has gone on?
'Very poor management having zero knowledge?
What if Sykes has said I am.off to play in the Championship?

For a long time he didn’t deserve a new contract, and then by the time he was playing well enough it’s going to be very difficult to get him to agree to one As he will know the potential of leaving and going to a higher level on more money

Easy to say we should’ve sorted it sooner, but then I’d imagine you would moan if we gave him a new deal and he never improved and ended up on the fringes of the squad taking up a wage
Not really, players are always worth something, we need to learn from this but never seem too.

Back
Top Bottom