Meetings

I wonder how it worked in practice for the visiting fans?
Most of our away games are generally first come first served in terms of sitting/standing where you like.
Some tickets have pre-numbered seats but these are rarely enforced and generally just cause annoyance by people arriving at 2:59 and demanding "their" seat.
I'll ask on a league 1 page.
lots of clubs don't have the technology so won't participate, and it will be a while before it's launched. Nonetheless I'm sure there will be some issues to start with.
If you are one of those fans who wants to sit where you like, you will be able to chose the area you like when booking your ticket anyway.
OUSP will try to liaise with clubs that are doing this ahead of the match so we know how their stewards will implement things.

I wonder how it worked in practice for the visiting fans?
Most of our away games are generally first come first served in terms of sitting/standing where you like.
Some tickets have pre-numbered seats but these are rarely enforced and generally just cause annoyance by people arriving at 2:59 and demanding "their" seat.
I'll ask on a league 1 page.
I don't believe that is actually true. It may well appear to some that it is sit/stand wherever you feel but, in reality, stewards normally insist on allocated seating. There will be occasions when there are more seats than supporters and the allocated seats rule is not enforced but, it is not the norm.
The biggest bonus of being able to select a seat is that supporters who really do wish to sit will be able to select seats away from the typical standing areas i.e. behind the goal. A great number of supporters struggle with standing for an entire game, some do not stand, full stop.
As for those arriving at 2:59, they are usually struggling in from the pub and don't demand a seat they normally just make their way to wherever they feel like standing. With a selected seat they will have the luxury of knowing that the seat where they wish to sit/stand is, or should be, available without any need to push past others.

lots of clubs don't have the technology so won't participate, and it will be a while before it's launched. Nonetheless I'm sure there will be some issues to start with.
If you are one of those fans who wants to sit where you like, you will be able to chose the area you like when booking your ticket anyway.
OUSP will try to liaise with clubs that are doing this ahead of the match so we know how their stewards will implement things.
It's an interesting one. The fans I go to away games with generally book our own tickets and then rely on finding empty spaces when we get to the ground. Otherwise it's a bit of a chore checking who is coming to the game, then one person paying, distributing the tickets and collecting the money, especially as we live all round the country.

I realise there is the option of the season ticket assignment, but we've only really used that for recent trips to Wembley so that we are actually sat together (as a ground where you really do have to sit in your allocated seat).

To be fair, when the rest of the marketing was so poor, the junior membership deal is one thing that was quite clearly marketed by the club as a specific add-on not connected to a ticket. When we and OxVox fed back on the packages we logged concerns about this structure and in our meeting last week requested that ST holders get an option to purchase a ticket. Again, we are gathering feedback and keeping a watching brief ahead of discussions for next year's packages.
Yes I just feel the because my kids are children ST holders and not junior members they miss out on extras. Didn’t juniors get a t shirt? My son who is a ST got naff all!

Yes I just feel the because my kids are children ST holders and not junior members they miss out on extras. Didn’t juniors get a t shirt? My son who is a ST got naff all!
Don't worry next season you can pay for a ST for your youngsters but to get the fun bits pay for a membership on top
Because that's how oufc appreciate there junior ST holders

I agree. I understand that this was the first weekend that the shop was fully stocked so that an offer could go out and have a good chance of orders being fulfilled.
It's a pity that not all ST holders even received the code email.

It's a pity that not all ST holders even received the code email.
Agree. We've raised this. You need to have agreed to "retail" in the marketing preferences of your yellows account. We've asked the club to publicise this more widely.

Agree. We've raised this. You need to have agreed to "retail" in the marketing preferences of your yellows account. We've asked the club to publicise this more widely.

Perhaps it’s that some people when signing up to a website untick the “receive marketing emails” option because they don’t want daily emails for things they might buy once or twice a year.

Then have a whine when they don’t get marketing emails ?

Back
Top Bottom