Meetings

What would be better f u is for fans to informally have a fan zone on the priory site. Free. No rules. Boom.

It would not only be entirely free from club involvement hence maintaining innocence but would also draw attention to his failure on that site were he to make an issue of it.

Exactly - so what happens of a load of vehicles rack up and "tailgate" at the fence end or at the Priory?

No law is broken as long as nothing is being sold...... not aware of any public space orders restricting drinking etc.

As we don`t know "the cost" we are none the wiser.

Could have been £400 per event or could have been £4k. 🤷‍♀️

The former - pay it. The return on "feelgood" outweighs paying FK a couple of grand.

The latter - seek alternatives as highlighted by other people with vision on the thread... the kind of thing you would thing an organised group may do...
I would think it reasonable to assume that it is significantly more than £400 a time. Just from what has been said.
With regard to seeking alternatives, how do you know that hasn't happened?

As @Ricky Otto has said, the Supporters Panel are here and are working hard in their own time to create something better for all of us. There's no obligation to support them, but it's a little impudent to constantly question or criticise their involvement.

If someone suggests there are benefits then it is very likely someone will ask what they are.
We all know Stadco are "difficult"
We all know AT does his best as SLO
It was also suggested a long while ago that the panel would just be filter for what lands on AT`s desk.

I`ll go back to the Crouch report that Clubs should/have to create such things and the Club have. ✅

I would think it reasonable to assume that it is significantly more than £400 a time. Just from what has been said.
With regard to seeking alternatives, how do you know that hasn't happened?

1 - Nobody has told us the cost.
2 - Nobody has told us if they have sought alternatives.

If only we had a communication channel to tell us.......................... 🤷‍♀️

Exactly - so what happens of a load of vehicles rack up and "tailgate" at the fence end or at the Priory?

No law is broken as long as nothing is being sold...... not aware of any public space orders restricting drinking etc.
its not an offence to drink alcohol in public ( in Oxford) , ......but.....

relevant extract from local gov info below ....

It is not an offence to drink alcohol in a public place in Oxford. However, it is an offence to fail to comply with a request to cease drinking or surrender alcohol within the cities administrative boundary. A person guilty of an offence is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 2 on the standard scale, or a fixed penalty notice of £100. If alcohol is confiscated, it can be disposed of by the person who confiscates it.

1 - Nobody has told us the cost.
2 - Nobody has told us if they have sought alternatives.

If only we had a communication channel to tell us.......................... 🤷‍♀️
I would imagine that Commercial confidentiality precluded quotes going into the public domain.
I take the word of the club/ supporters panel and suggest that in reality the cost substantially more than for the car boot sale is significantly more than £400. We don't know but isn't that a resdonabld assumption?

Could the unnecessary wearing of the away/third kit be raised and a request to wear the home to preserve club identity kit unless absolutely necessary (like today) be added to the agenda for the next meeting please?

Glad he hasn`t got the keys around here. :)

Valid question, raised many times and one the panel should ask, although the response is likely to be "No" but in nice fluffy words so everyone will be happy and the existence of the panel justified to some.

Glad he hasn`t got the keys around here. :)

Valid question, raised many times and one the panel should ask, although the response is likely to be "No" but in nice fluffy words so everyone will be happy and the existence of the panel justified to some.
If I was elected supreme ruler, Shrewsbury would have changed kits today...

If I was elected supreme ruler, Shrewsbury would have changed kits today...
God knows how that club have made such a Horlicks of using the two most beautiful colours in football. Their home kit always looks horrible.

I would imagine that Commercial confidentiality precluded quotes going into the public domain.
I take the word of the club/ supporters panel and suggest that in reality the cost substantially more than for the car boot sale is significantly more than £400. We don't know but isn't that a resdonabld assumption?

Easy enough for someone to say "in excess of £1,000 per event" or similar without breaching confidentiality.
Then we would have a realistic view.
If only there was a channel of such open & transparent communication..........

It was in excess of £1k per event.

Essexyellows

Easy enough for someone to say "in excess of £1,000 per event" or similar without breaching confidentiality.
Then we would have a realistic view.
If only there was a channel of such open & transparent communication..........

.... was that easy to say then ( @Scotchegg ) ? ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom