Meetings

cheers for clarifiying

for the majority to 'join in' would lyrics about players ( who over time come and go) be inclusive for most?
Yeah I think I've confused things by talking about a chant rather than a walk out (over tannoy) song.

'Moving' the tune would be great with adapted lyrics. But you're right, not for players who do come and go, but for more of an OUFC thing as a whole.

Regarding walk out tune, anything like Caught by the Fuzz, Lenny, Richard III, Pumping On Your Stereo etc

sun hits the sky would maybe fit the bill?

or Candyskins- Wembley ( for cup games- maybe)

Tom Hingley is an Oxford(shire ) lad - Theres maybe a few Insipal Carpets gems that do too

Those Were The Days ( old LRT fave late 60s- mid 70s) was a singles chart hit for Mary Hopkins ( number 2) and prior to that version, Sandi Shaw ( number 6) ... the latter, ( & Eurovision winner) is a resident in Oxford(shire) , Marcham
Yeah good shouts! I just think it'd be nice to have something from Oxfordshire, that also gets you going. Plenty to choose from!

Yellow Submarine is one to sing along to. We’ve been singing it on the terraces for years, so it does have history with us. It’s a no-brainer. Get it done

I also think it’s a bit tinpot to have a vote on a song, or just pick a song that majority of fans won’t be familiar with. It should be a song that has grown with the club organically

Last edited:
Yellow Submarine is one to sing along to. We’ve been singing it on the terraces for years, so it does have history with us. It’s a no-brainer. Get it done

I also think it’s a bit tinpot to have a vote on a song, or just pick a song that majority of fans won’t be familiar with. It should be a song that has grown with the club organically

Yep.

Yellow submarine.

It’s not even a debate tbh

Just read the minutes of the last meeting and a couple of points worry me.
Oxvox appear to be missing out on being consulted if the OUSP have been consulted. This is the danger of having two supporters groups.
Secondly, it seems the club can ignore it’s EFL obligation to hold fans forums if it meets with OUSP.
Seeing as many fans view the panel as not independent of the club both these are worrying.

Just read the minutes of the last meeting and a couple of points worry me.
Oxvox appear to be missing out on being consulted if the OUSP have been consulted. This is the danger of having two supporters groups.
Secondly, it seems the club can ignore it’s EFL obligation to hold fans forums if it meets with OUSP.
Seeing as many fans view the panel as not independent of the club both these are worrying.

Correct.
Very quickly the supporters are being "represented" by a group nobody asked for, only a few wanted, has little support, and is a filter for the paid employee whose job it is to liaise with us.
Kudos to the OUSP individuals involved but utilise your time and skills as part of Oxvox - and be independent not a nodding dog that gets the odd treat from the club.
Oxvox is defined by the broad scope of its membership, and is far more representative of the fan base.

OxVox were present at the last meeting and both they and OUSP raised the need for great consultation.

It doesn't appear that OxVox are being excluded because of the OUSP but because the club has just got a bit lazy with these things.

OxVox were present at the last meeting and both they and OUSP raised the need for great consultation.

It doesn't appear that OxVox are being excluded because of the OUSP but because the club has just got a bit lazy with these things.

They have ticked their Crouch report box and moved on - that was the whole purpose of the exercise, and nobody will admit it or are too blinkered to see it.

Just found the email update from OUSP in my junk. I've added it to my safe senders list so it comes into my inbox in future.

Just to say, wholeheartedly support resisting goal celebration music! Oxford United should never, ever play music after we score goals and am very glad to hear that this won't be going ahead! Please continue to resist this in future.

Away matches, club communication and more - OUSP wants your input ahead of our meeting next week.
Well done on the supporters guide, very helpful. Appreciate this is a difficult one however is it possible to know before the day whether the 'sit in your seat' policy will be enforced and include this in the pack? So many away games last season (Wycombe particularly) stewards decided about 2.30 to begin to try and get people in their correct seat leading to unnecessary arguments!

Well done on the supporters guide, very helpful. Appreciate this is a difficult one however is it possible to know before the day whether the 'sit in your seat' policy will be enforced and include this in the pack? So many away games last season (Wycombe particularly) stewards decided about 2.30 to begin to try and get people in their correct seat leading to unnecessary arguments!

We are asking but clubs seem reluctant to give a definitive answer. There's a lot going on to try to get a better situation for away fan seating. Soon we should see several clubs giving the option to select your seat when you book. This is something that clubs have been working on with Ticketmaster for a while now. Once that is the case then at least if you have to sit on your allocated seat it will be one you chose!

Given that we have sold out the away seats, I can only envisage an allocated seat policy being enforced. Inevitably this will lead to issues over whether fans can congregate as singers, standing etc. Late arrivals (from the various pubs) will have no desire to be prevented from sitting where they want and this lead to more issues. Those who cannot stand or are too young to see over the heads and shoulders of those in front of them will struggle or be swamped by those now congregating around them (regardless of allocated seat) and, sure enough, a recipe for irritation exists.
It's an antiquated and pointless system.
We can but hope that the stewards are of the sensible nature and allow folk to swap seats and move to areas that are suited to their disposition.
And, if not, sod 'em. I'm going to sit where I can see the game. That's what I've paid for.

We are asking but clubs seem reluctant to give a definitive answer. There's a lot going on to try to get a better situation for away fan seating. Soon we should see several clubs giving the option to select your seat when you book. This is something that clubs have been working on with Ticketmaster for a while now. Once that is the case then at least if you have to sit on your allocated seat it will be one you chose!
This is good and, hopefully, something comes of all the effort. However, Ticketmaster are not the most favoured of booking organisations and, rumour has it, stand to lose their contract in the very near future.

🎶 we’re Oxford Utd we sit where we want. 🎶

Any chance of getting Marcus Browne actually on the first team page on the website??? Hes only been at the club for 6 months!

Back
Top Bottom