International News Immigration

Boldest claim yet but I reckon all of us can agree on the following points:

1. There has to be a limit on immigration into the UK (and any country) due to a finite level resources
  2. Legal immigration is hugely desirable as we get economic benefits (taxes and skills), healthcare benefits (NHS staff) and cultural benefits (music, food, new ideas).
  3. At the same time culture is a two way street and the fundamentals of British culture has to be adhered to - individual freedom, secular society (but free to practice your own religion), law and order, equality on gender and sexuality and necking lots of tea.
  4. We need to do our bit to take in refugees from crisis areas. This should be agreed at a supranational level - Europe.
  5. For the whole system to work we need a properly resourced (cash and people) border control. Applicants for asylum should take place in a third country (France) which we did have when we were in the EU but which were under resourced as were border checks. Relations with France aren't great and both countries (UK and France) bear responsibility. It's a failure of leadership.
  6. If the above could work then there is no need for the bat sh*t crazy Rwanda plan which is performative politics at its worse. We all deserve better than a government that engages in this level of sh*thousery.
  7. The country is ground down, tired and in a mess. Nothing works. Whilst Brexit and Covid have a big role here the biggest factor to blame is austerity which gutted public services for years and through quantitive easing which created billions of pounds which were hovered up by Private Equity which then (amongst other things) bought up public services and sold them back to local authorities at extortionate rates. (This also inflated assets which is why houses are so expensive, young people can't buy them and then causes anger when they see "illegals" being put up in hotels). These are same private equity firms that could fall over in 12 moths time unless interest rates come down causing another liquidity problem for banks.
  8. The Tories are screwed this country since 2010. No matter where you political inclination is they need to be kicked out.

I'm confident that all of you (even@Essexyellows) will agree with me. Vote Eric Blair.
Gonna try this again.

@QR - do you reckon you can live with the points above?
@Essexyellows and @MustardYellow - same question to you?

I'm going to find common ground. I feel a bit like a pound shop Mo Mowlam

Back
Top Bottom