Tickets Mk Dons 11th December Ticket allocation

A lot of them are easier. I'm tempted to go to McDons away even with the atmosphere vacuum that stadium is.

I remain hopeful a new ground closer to the city, more enclosed and with unreserved areas will happen.

Word of caution: MK Dons will probably result in cold temperatures and a poor atmosphere due to the layout of the stadium for away fans. It might be one you'd be better served giving a miss.

You'll be pleased to know that we play Fleetwood away on Good Friday next year. By then, temperatures should be on the rise and you can have a weekend in sunny, salubrious Blackpool. Dreamy!

And ‘The War on Drugs’ are playing in Leeds on Easter Saturday so l’m having a northern Easter break next year.

I find this really odd.

So you prefer to do away games and line the coffers of other leage clubs?
And 20 years of coming to this shithole and now stopping……. Could be another 10 years before a new ground is sorted so we lose his pocket money to other league clubs.

This was a good post. I've stopped bothering with home games after the Wycombe home game, our ground is like a morgue these days.

20 years of being in that sh!thole stadium has indeed ground us down.
I love a great atmosphere but paramount is the quality of the game. Saturday's 0:0 draw was actually a really entertaining game and the atmosphere perked up after Hanson's mighty tackle. Which was nice.

This was a good post. I've stopped bothering with home games after the Wycombe home game, our ground is like a morgue these days.

20 years of being in that sh!thole stadium has indeed ground us down.
Oh dear. If everybody had your attitude the club would go under pretty quickly

And 20 years of coming to this shithole and now stopping……. Could be another 10 years before a new ground is sorted so we lose his pocket money to other league clubs.

It’s a shame some fans feel this way, but I do understand the whole experience/day out sentiment.

But for me, if the football is entertaining, I can see through the issues and just continue to hope we do have a whole new experience to look forward to in the future.

If we did get promoted, our stadium (no matter how shite) will be a better experience on most match days I shouldn’t wonder.

Getting us back on track - does anyone know what the next blocks are that MK will open up once the initial 700 allocation has gone? I'm holding off buying tickets given the OUSP minutes and possibility of getting better areas of the ground @Manorlounger any ideas on this?

Oh dear. If everybody had your attitude the club would go under pretty quickly
Surely most of us go through spells of being more and less active following us? I used to follow us to almost every away game we had and many home games. Sometimes life and other things get in the way.

I still care but I'm less "die-hard" than I used to be, for various different reasons. I can't stand the Premier League now and think that's had a strange effect on my feelings on football in general, that's supposed to be the pinnacle of what I want us to achieve and yet if we got there I think I'd hate it.

Last edited:
Getting us back on track - does anyone know what the next blocks are that MK will open up once the initial 700 allocation has gone? I'm holding off buying tickets given the OUSP minutes and possibility of getting better areas of the ground @Manorlounger any ideas on this?
Heard nothing back from either MK or OUFC but, looking at the ticket numbers on offer, it would appear that more tickets are available (numbers are in the 1400 + now) Initial 700, I'm assuming, was for block 29 so, block 28 must be open? Would be nice if someone would let us know. Spoke to some friends on Saturday who are on the MK register (I don't know how either!) and they had bought two tickets for block 30 as it's got access to a bar. Trouble with that block is it's even further away from the goal.
I might make a phone call, or three, this afternoon. ;)

@Wallop , blocks 28 & 30 are now available. Still no sign of anything directly behind the goal. I have to think, and this is a personal opinion only, that MK are actively seeking to hinder away support. If that is the case then they are plain daft. I thought the idea of any business is to take money, not deter customers.

@Wallop , blocks 28 & 30 are now available. Still no sign of anything directly behind the goal. I have to think, and this is a personal opinion only, that MK are actively seeking to hinder away support. If that is the case then they are plain daft. I thought the idea of any business is to take money, not deter customers.
Cheers - I'll get my tickets now then.

Surely most of us go through spells of being more and less active following us? I used to follow us to almost every away game we had and many home games. Sometimes life and other things get in the way.

I still care but I'm less "die-hard" than I used to be, for various different reasons. I can't stand the Premier League now and think that's had a strange effect on my feelings on football in general, that's supposed to be the pinnacle of what I want us to achieve and yet if we got there I think I'd hate it.
I ask this question without agenda, nor is it an accusation; I'm just curious.

If you don't attend home matches, how do you support your club? I realise that cheering on from an away end counts, but the club receive nothing from it. When it boils down to it, your money is what they're most desirous of. Cheers don't buy players or pay wages, nor do they boost confidence for owners to invest to thevery things that make you not want to attend now.

Hope you can find your mojo again; your club needs you.

Cheers - I'll get my tickets now then.
Of course - trying to book online doesn't tell you what block 'seats 1492 & 1493' are going to be in.........I'll have to ring the ticket office for the first time in 10 years to get them in Block 28.

If you don't attend home matches, how do you support your club? I realise that cheering on from an away end counts, but the club receive nothing from it. When it boils down to it, your money is what they're most desirous of. Cheers don't buy players or pay wages, nor do they boost confidence for owners to invest to thevery things that make you not want to attend now.

If I'm home on a Tuesday night I will watch us on ifollow so I guess that money goes to the club. Over my lifetime I think I'll have spent at least £500-£1000 on tickets and inside the ground so I've done my bit I hope. I will find my mojo one day again I hope.

I actually don't really like the idea that you have to do X / spend Y to be a supporter. All sorts of people follow or support a football club and in many ways. Not all give them financial support, in fact some just check the results from a continent away, but they can all call themselves supporters of that club. (I guess you can buy a shirt if you are in London / the Azores).

I actually don't really like the idea that you have to do X / spend Y to be a supporter. All sorts of people follow or support a football club and in many ways. Not all give them financial support, in fact some just check the results from a continent away, but they can all call themselves supporters of that club. (I guess you can buy a shirt if you are in London / the Azores).
I actually disagree on that ( and a lot of people wont agree with me!)
So to me the Man U 'supporter' who has never set foot in Mamchester and has never seen them play is not a Supporter'. Sure they follow them but that is different to me to those who actually watch them play ( home or away once or twice a season)

Back
Top Bottom