EFL MK Dons..........

Couldn't disagree more and find it hard to believe a football fan would be forgiving about what they did. Also, seeing MK shirts being worn in North Oxfordshire is becoming more common so stopping this lot from progressing higher would be beneficial to us.

My motivational factor fir attending on Tuesday is to vociferously support the lads in doing the double over MK which is beneficial to both OUFC and English football.

Where have you seen these MK shirts in North Oxfordshire? I live in Bicester and don't think I've ever seen a shirt being worn.

I have however seen a lot more Oxford shirts in recent years, especially amongst the kids.

I have us now at just over 6,900 and sales have indeed picked up a bit.

It's a hard one to forecast, due to a number of factors (unusual match time, our fluctuating form, change to match time, Bank Holiday week etc) but I'd think from here on in we should be able to reach 8,000 home fans (including boxes) and with MK having sold 1,300 to date I don't think 1,500 is out of the question for them, so 9,500 total.

Who knows, with a bit of good marketing, and a few results going our way over the next three days, a couple of hundred extra for us and them, and 10,000 might not be as out of the question as it once appeared to be? I'll keep a close eye on this one from now on.
Well not much in the way of results going our way yet, so let's hope that changes for the last three sets of fixtures.

I had us at 7,100 yesterday afternoon, meaning about 200 sold since my previous post, and just over 300 since @Thecurraghofkildare posted earlier in the day. This would mean a total of 8,700 sold, including boxes and away sales.

It's a very hard one to forecast, as the normal buying patterns on certain days don't apply due to the Bank Holiday, and it being a Tuesday evening KO. If I took today as the Friday morning before a Saturday afternoon game, I'd expect sales of 1,000/1,200 for a game like this, which would mean 8,100/8,300 plus away fans of 1,300/1,500. But this isn't a normal match time, so it could either fall flat or see a big late surge in sales, I really can't call it.

I'll stick my neck out though, and stick to my forecast of a minimum of 8,000 home fans and a total attendance of 9,500.

Well not much in the way of results going our way yet, so let's hope that changes for the last three sets of fixtures.

I had us at 7,100 yesterday afternoon, meaning about 200 sold since my previous post, and just over 300 since @Thecurraghofkildare posted earlier in the day. This would mean a total of 8,700 sold, including boxes and away sales.

It's a very hard one to forecast, as the normal buying patterns on certain days don't apply due to the Bank Holiday, and it being a Tuesday evening KO. If I took today as the Friday morning before a Saturday afternoon game, I'd expect sales of 1,000/1,200 for a game like this, which would mean 8,100/8,300 plus away fans of 1,300/1,500. But this isn't a normal match time, so it could either fall flat or see a big late surge in sales, I really can't call it.

I'll stick my neck out though, and stick to my forecast of a minimum of 8,000 home fans and a total attendance of 9,500.

It would be esthetically pleasing if the extra 500 was found to push through that 10k barrier.
However, logistics on a working Tuesday evening means it's iFollow for a lot of exiles.

Wonder who counts the iFollow "attendance"? :)

My figures are slightly lower than Colin's. At 10.30am on Easter Monday I have 2,516 home seats remaining, which means estimated sales of 7,090. Add in 1400+ confirmed sales from MK Dons and say 250 for the executive boxes and we are at about 8,740 at the moment.

Remaining seats are

South Stand Lower 591 (189/188/50/10/0/13/128/13)
South Stand Upper 474 (229/10/13/6/3/9/204)
East Stand Stand 536 (108/107/24/61/87/149)
North Stand 915 (260/126/216/313)

North Stand sales are slow for this one and lots of rows of good seats still available in the middle two blocks (24 & 25).

As Colin says, very hard to predict whether there will be late rush of sales (we haven't really had any high profile midweek matches) and it would be surprising (and very disappointing for them) if MK Dons don't sell out their 1,800 allocation but there appears no great pick up in sales at their end.

So would agree with Colin that 9,500 looks likely crowd at this stage and can't see us reaching 10,000.

At last, a couple of favourable results that if we win all of our games we may just be in with a shout.

We need to find a little belief on and off the pitch, and our support might just make all the difference. Let's get as many in as possible and get another famous win under the lights!!

At last, a couple of favourable results that if we win all of our games we may just be in with a shout.

We need to find a little belief on and off the pitch, and our support might just make all the difference. Let's get as many in as possible and get another famous win under the lights!!
Thought promotion wasn’t the target this season as we haven’t forced through a number of deals?

Thought promotion wasn’t the target this season as we haven’t forced through a number of deals?
I am sure that the club would take promotion every time.
I believe that the point bring made is that the club is going full out for promotion next season.

The key thing now is to win tomorrow . Let's hope for a lot of late ticket sales

It wasn't, but we're still in a position to put pressure on the play off places. Win tomorrow and we will be 2 points behind Wycombe, Sunderland and 4 points behind Plymouth. Obviously Sunderland do have a game in hand but that's against Rotherham. Sheffield Wednesday host Crewe tomorrow night and they ultimately will win and that will mean Sunderland drop out tomorrow night. I don't think we will make the play offs but I will almighty pissed off if we don't actually make the teams above us work for it !

There's a huge difference between wanting promotion and spending millions chasing it. Of course promotion is the aim, and no one is giving up on that until its impossible.

There's a huge difference between wanting promotion and spending millions chasing it. Of course promotion is the aim, and no one is giving up on that until its impossible.
We won’t and quite rightly jot spend millions to achieve by our aim. AFC Bournemouth have and are not making any profit, we however need the right players and a manager who should know what we need. This season there have been a Short fall in what we needed to try and make promotion and that isn’t millions.
Hopefully next season any short comings we’ve had this season will be addressed so hopefully no repeat with some of the teams that e are expecting.

7.30pm check in on Easter Monday and sales have been disappointingly slow today - just 131 since 10.30am

I have 2,385 home seats remaining, which means estimated sales of 7,221. Add in 1400+ confirmed sales from MK Dons and say 250 for the executive boxes and we are at about 8,870 at the moment.

Remaining seats are

South Stand Lower 575 (189/188/41/10/0/11/123/13)
South Stand Upper 425 (208/9/12/0/2/7/187)
East Stand Stand 523 (106/98/18/48/81/142)
North Stand 862 (253/109/205/295)

It could be that we see stronger on the day sales (ticket office open tomorrow for those not buying through the internet) than normal tomorrow but at this stage it's looking like our poor recent run and the Tuesday evening rescheduling (plus MK Dons potentially not selling out their allocation) will see us fall short of another 10,000 crowd and even 9,500 may be a stretch now.

7.30pm check in on Easter Monday and sales have been disappointingly slow today - just 131 since 10.30am

I have 2,385 home seats remaining, which means estimated sales of 7,221. Add in 1400+ confirmed sales from MK Dons and say 250 for the executive boxes and we are at about 8,870 at the moment.

Remaining seats are

It could be that we see stronger on the day sales (ticket office open tomorrow for those not buying through the internet) than normal tomorrow but at this stage it's looking like our poor recent run and the Tuesday evening rescheduling (plus MK Dons potentially not selling out their allocation) will see us fall short of another 10,000 crowd and even 9,500 may be a stretch now.

9,000 is a decent crowd for a midweek game & our awful few weeks.

Still annoyed the game weren’t today with the nice sunny weather 😂

9,000 is a decent crowd for a midweek game & our awful few weeks.

Still annoyed the game weren’t today with the nice sunny weather 😂

Yep, our previous midweek game attendances this year have been

Crewe 6757
Accrington 5654
Shrewsbury 5763
Fleetwood 5708
Wimbledon 7915 (was in between Christmas and New year)

So you could say hitting 9k tomorrow night is a great increase on previous midweek games.

Yep, our previous midweek game attendances this year have been

Crewe 6757
Accrington 5654
Shrewsbury 5763
Fleetwood 5708
Wimbledon 7915 (was in between Christmas and New year)

So you could say hitting 9k tomorrow night is a great increase on previous midweek games.

So whilst the EFL have screwed us over by moving the MKD game to a Tuesday night.......to be fair, our other non-Xmas week midweek games have been some of the least appealing fixtures possible in this division! In fact, arguably the four least appealing fixtures (with only Morecambe or Burton potentially muscling their way onto that list!). So we've been lucky enough for the season as a whole.

Remaining seats are

I had us at just over 7,350 at midnight, so just over 130 since @Thecurraghofkildare did his count at 7:30pm last night.

The boxes are all sold for this game, and MK are expected to bring 1,500. This puts us at 9,150, taking that all into account. So 350 on the day sales needed to get to 9,500. I think we'll do it, just.

It's a decent attendance, taking everything into account, and would 100% have been considerably above 10,000 if the club hadn't been forced to move it.

Back
Top Bottom