Netherlands (aka Malcs Mob) v Ukraine

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Had everything. Ukraine looked dead and buried at 2-0. Within seconds it was 2-2.
What a comeback and to lose it like that after clawing their way out🙈

Holland were clearly the better side but they had to work for the victory.

Typical, first game I decided to give the other half a break and not watch and it's the best game of the tournament. Bloody fuming 😂

I know nothing about football................... :ROFLMAO: :cool:

Pace, strength, and attacking ability from both sides.

Best game so far.

Certainly from the Dutch. If Ukraine had one or two sprint champions in their ranks, I think they too would have given it even more of go. They made it to fourth gear but Netherlands found a fifth.

Every international side has a few positions that don't look as strong as others yet proper champions manage to conceal them. However, I can't look past the Dutch goalkeeping situation. Is a 38-year old Maarten Stekelenburg the best option they have in goal? He's been essentially a second choice 'keeper for a good few seasons now. No issues with him over either goal yesterday but it looks a weaker position for them on paper. Also, Patrick van Aanholt as a starter? Fine player for Palace yet he doesn't strike me as the best option overall.

Wout Weghorst looks fun. 6'6" of Dutch beanpole. There's an odd tradition of lanky and successful strikers at international level - Jan Koller and Peter Crouch come to mind - and he could be another find. Balls to total football, just lob it up to him every time!

Back
Top Bottom