General No match thread?

chuckbert

Am I going mad or has the build up thread been closed but no new match day thread started?

Sack the board Karl and everyone else we must be doomed!

I still don’t understand how if we only had one thread per game, and just continued posting in it; buildup, matchday and after, it would somehow ruin the forum experience and make life so much worse for everyone!

The rules are or were that you could only start a match day thread the day before the match.

I still don’t understand how if we only had one thread per game, and just continued posting in it; buildup, matchday and after, it would somehow ruin the forum experience and make life so much worse for everyone!
Agree. Just seems like an unnecessary complication and makes thoughts and comments on a game disjointed.

9/10 times Match Day Threads are open on the match day, there was an error with the the opening time.

I don't see how having a build up and match day thread complicates things. If anything surely it makes it easier to see posts ON match day...

9/10 times Match Day Threads are open on the match day, there was an error with the the opening time.

I don't see how having a build up and match day thread complicates things. If anything surely it makes it easier to see posts ON match day...

Posts on the match will be towards the end of the thread by default. It's good to be able to see any pre match info in the same thread.

The only times I can really see any point to two, or three, threads on a match is if there is unusual interest in it.. eg a Swindon match or cup game against Premier opposition.

Build up threads have a fair few posts, today's game has 51 posts. They all have at least 30 posts.

So I think warrants its own thread to separate build up and match day

Build up threads have a fair few posts, today's game has 51 posts. They all have at least 30 posts.

So I think warrants its own thread to separate build up and match day
Is 30-50 posts really that many?

Perhaps allow a new MDT thread once previous match finishes ? Not normally much team news til then.

Back
Top Bottom