Championship Notts F v Sheff u

Bottom left, geezer in the red shirt behind the guy in the fetching striped ensemble?
OK - can see something there, but not sure what. Be very surprised if that kind of footage got anyone anywhere close to being in trouble. (Other than people being on the pitch who are not supposed to be).

OK - can see something there, but not sure what. Be very surprised if that kind of footage got anyone anywhere close to being in trouble. (Other than people being on the pitch who are not supposed to be).
It shows a person in a grey track suit run up and grab a red shirted man around the neck from behind and pull him to the floor. The other video on this thread offers weight to suggestion that this is the Forest fan at the centre of the alleged stamping incident which Ollie McBurnie has been arrested and bailed over.

Where's Brian Clough when you need him

It shows a person in a grey track suit run up and grab a red shirted man around the neck from behind and pull him to the floor. The other video on this thread offers weight to suggestion that this is the Forest fan at the centre of the alleged stamping incident which Ollie McBurnie has been arrested and bailed over.

Where's Brian Clough when you need him
Has to be dealt with, was it in self defence….nothing seems to support that opinion and if witness statements are taken, those witnesses present will be Nottingham Forest fans.

Has to be dealt with, was it in self defence….nothing seems to support that opinion and if witness statements are taken, those witnesses present will be Nottingham Forest fans.

I would hope there are other videos, including official sources and social media, which will show far more of what happened through the whole incident.

I would hope there are other videos, including official sources and social media, which will show far more of what happened through the whole incident.
Yes it would help but if the Notts forest fan was pulled over by another Blades player before MacBurnie stamped on and I assume studded boots, then questions need to be asked. If MacBurnie was assaulted by the fan he is entitled to use minimum force to defend himself but I think stamping on someone who allegedly had been pulled down by another then that’s more than minimum force.

Yes it would help but if the Notts forest fan was pulled over by another Blades player before MacBurnie stamped on and I assume studded boots, then questions need to be asked. If MacBurnie was assaulted by the fan he is entitled to use minimum force to defend himself but I think stamping on someone who allegedly had been pulled down by another then that’s more than minimum force.

That's why more video is needed Bazzer!

If the Forest fan had previously been put on the floor but had sprung straight up and lamped someone then a stamp might be considered reasonable force.

I don't believe the law says anything about 'minimum force'.

That's why more video is needed Bazzer!

If the Forest fan had previously been put on the floor but had sprung straight up and lamped someone then a stamp might be considered reasonable force.

I don't believe the law says anything about 'minimum force'.
Technically byte law rates if someone comes at you with a knife and you hit them in defence and they fall to the ground that is your minimum force, of course many as would I would them give the assailant a bit of kick to make sure he doesn’t get up to try and attack you again.
This was from a police officer when he was asked the level of force you could use but not the afters you may give to make sure.

SIA guide for Door Supervisors ( Bouncers)
FAQs
What is reasonable force ?

SIA licensed security staff can use reasonable force to protect themselves other people or property. Reasonable Force is associated with defending against violence and theft. It can be used as a defence in criminal proceedings or to defend yourself from being sued in a civil law suit.

I presume similar would apply ( re pitch invasion incidents) as Door Supervisors have no 'extra' powers, they are legally bound by the same laws as all citizens

Back
Top Bottom