Olympic qualification

mooro

Am I right in thinking that with the USA making the semi-finals, this means that we will now see a Team GB women's side in the next Olympics?

My understanding was that England had to be in the top three European finishers in this tournament to qualify, so the US winning means there are only three European semi-finalists. Had France won, then we would have had to win the 3rd place playoff.

If that is correct, then Congratulations ladies, although I can't see too many non-English players in the GB Squad.....

PS - shame we cannot do this with the men's side,

Am I right in thinking that with the USA making the semi-finals, this means that we will now see a Team GB women's side in the next Olympics?

My understanding was that England had to be in the top three European finishers in this tournament to qualify, so the US winning means there are only three European semi-finalists. Had France won, then we would have had to win the 3rd place playoff.

If that is correct, then Congratulations ladies, although I can't see too many non-English players in the GB Squad.....

PS - shame we cannot do this with the men's side,

I believe so @mooro

Back
Top Bottom