Home Match Day Thread +++ OUFC v Accrington Stanley 25/02/20 +++

Odd game. We were clearly second best in the first half and I have no idea how we managed to go in a goal up. But roles reversed in the second and we took the chances that Stanley had missed in the first. Again oddly, I thought they were unlucky to lose by three, but we were quite good value for the scoreline! Great to see Henry and Eastwood getting back to their best, and Long made some telling contributions - we could well have been one down rather than one up except for his block.
Anyone who still thinks Robinson isn't mightily pissed off by the club's handling of the transfer window needs to listen to his post-match interview again. And if there has really been a formal approach by Blackpool and the board (well, ST) haven't even told him, then they are playing with fire if they want to keep him until next season.
A great week on the pitch though.

So it was a game of two halves?

I thought that was one of Dan Agyei's poorest games for a while. The game had died off a little, and there wasn't a lot of space to play in, but Dan looked a little clumsy when he had the ball and rarely looked to take it to the Accrington defence. Not a major criticism, he's been better and will hopefully have better performances when they're needed, but last night was a little forgettable.

To be honest, he always looks clumsy. But in a weird way, that makes him difficult to play.

Last edited:
Pretty sure he was playing for us yesterday?! He's also out of contract in May and is loving his football and life here so absolutely no reason why he won't stay.

Agreed. But we still don’t have him.

Er we do have him and he could help us get promoted!

We don’t. He’s on loan. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have him on the books, but right now, he’s on loan and that’s it.

We don’t. He’s on loan. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have him on the books, but right now, he’s on loan and that’s it.
Well who knows what players will stay in the summer. He’s ours for the rest of the season anyway

Pretty sure he was playing for us yesterday?! He's also out of contract in May and is loving his football and life here so absolutely no reason why he won't stay.
Aren't they similar circumstances which Brannagan & Dickie find themselves in, albeit a year further down the line, yet many are certain they will not wish to stay.

Aren't they similar circumstances which Brannagan & Dickie find themselves in, albeit a year further down the line, yet many are certain they will not wish to stay.
I think it's different in that Brannagan and Dickie are both young and looking to find a way back up the football pyramid. Taylor will be 30 at the end of March and has recently bought a house back in Oxfordshire for his family. You would think that he has one decent contract left so may want to maximise the value of this, but no reason why that can't happen at Oxford.

No reason at all why it should not be at Oxford, but this can hold sway for others in the squad

Agyei just seems a raw talent to me (ok I know some on here reckon he is the finished article)
Loads of potential but his decision making needs to improve. Going on against a dispirited tired defence should be a great opportunity for him.
I am sure that he will get more game time and hopefully take his chances.
Never seen or heard anyone say he’s the finished article. Just that he’s better than other options who get literally ten times the minutes he does, and that he shouldn’t be dead last choice while others who offer less than he does get to feature in every match.

I know we live in a world of extremes these days, but surely we can take things at face value sometimes and accept some things as simply being balanced?!

I thought that was one of Dan Agyei's poorest games for a while. The game had died off a little, and there wasn't a lot of space to play in, but Dan looked a little clumsy when he had the ball and rarely looked to take it to the Accrington defence. Not a major criticism, he's been better and will hopefully have better performances when they're needed, but last night was a little forgettable.

maybe he just needs a little good old fashioned fitness training and a good bowl of porridge

He may be but we most certainly 'have him"
He is our player. He us as much 'ours' as Curtis Nelson was last season.

Never seen or heard anyone say he’s the finished article. Just that he’s better than other options who get literally ten times the minutes he does, and that he shouldn’t be dead last choice while others who offer less than he does get to feature in every match.

I know we live in a world of extremes these days, but surely we can take things at face value sometimes and accept some things as simply being balanced?!
Mmm. I agree totally with your last paragraph. But to some on here he was sounding like Ronaldo! He was being built up totally out of proportion ( as some of us said at the time)
Agree that things should be balanced but on the thread on Agyei things in my view were totally OTT.

Back
Top Bottom