Home Match Day Thread +++ OUFC v Accrington Stanley 25/02/20 +++

He needs to learn to anticipate more, assume the pass is going to be made and just go. He basically needs to be on the front foot being proactive rather than being reactive which he is more often than not That is my take on what I've seen from him as when he is proactive he terrorises opposition defences.

I thought that was one of Dan Agyei's poorest games for a while. The game had died off a little, and there wasn't a lot of space to play in, but Dan looked a little clumsy when he had the ball and rarely looked to take it to the Accrington defence. Not a major criticism, he's been better and will hopefully have better performances when they're needed, but last night was a little forgettable.

That was a weird game, moments of brilliance mixed with comedically bad play particularly the passing. The pitch was inconsistent with its speed/bounce tonight, coupled with the wind which seemed to affect the game more than when it was worse, probably accounted for that a bit.

It seemed in the 1st half, when we put together a decent attack we always created a good chance. Stanley had more of the ball in the 1st half but I think we created more clear chances. 2nd half we were better than them and whilst they had a period before we scored the 3rd we still created more clear chances.

Some brilliant blocks from Sam Long especially for the 1st goal, whilst Matty Taylor was just imperious. The good stuff from Marcus Browne was just superb including passes for the 1st and 2nd goals but he spells where he drifted out of the game. James Henry starting to get back towards his best. The defence as a unit had really good moments coupled with some bad moments (ie. Dickie dummying the ball which nearly cost us yet his beating of their players was lovely to watch). And finally that double save by Easty followed by the hilarious miss from their forward, just brilliant.

I thought that was one of Dan Agyei's poorest games for a while. The game had died off a little, and there wasn't a lot of space to play in, but Dan looked a little clumsy when he had the ball and rarely looked to take it to the Accrington defence. Not a major criticism, he's been better and will hopefully have better performances when they're needed, but last night was a little forgettable.

I mean, he had what, 12-13 mins? I agree he was a little below what he normally does but that’s not a lot of time to come on and get used to the pace of the game etc. It was more of a cameo really

His interview wasn’t particularly convincing. Sounded like a man who knew a bit more than he was letting on. I think he will stay for now but will be surprised if he’s still our manager come August.
You may be correct but if you compare where Michael Appleton is today would it be best to leave?

He needs to learn to anticipate more, assume the pass is going to be made and just go. He basically needs to be on the front foot being proactive rather than being reactive which he is more often than not That is my take on what I've seen from him as when he is proactive he terrorises opposition defences.
And he needs to stay upright a bit more!

Agyei just seems a raw talent to me (ok I know some on here reckon he is the finished article)
Loads of potential but his decision making needs to improve. Going on against a dispirited tired defence should be a great opportunity for him.
I am sure that he will get more game time and hopefully take his chances.

Most enjoyable game last night (forgetting the cold and Robbogate) Thanks team OUFC.

So, Tiger has rejected the Blackpool approach and next up at the Kashstad it’s L1’s other ‘whipping boys’ - Sarfend, who have lost their last 5and are anchored to the bottom of the table........

what could possibly go wrong?

That was a weird game, moments of brilliance mixed with comedically bad play particularly the passing. The pitch was inconsistent with its speed/bounce tonight, coupled with the wind which seemed to affect the game more than when it was worse, probably accounted for that a bit.

It seemed in the 1st half, when we put together a decent attack we always created a good chance. Stanley had more of the ball in the 1st half but I think we created more clear chances. 2nd half we were better than them and whilst they had a period before we scored the 3rd we still created more clear chances.

Some brilliant blocks from Sam Long especially for the 1st goal, whilst Matty Taylor was just imperious. The good stuff from Marcus Browne was just superb including passes for the 1st and 2nd goals but he spells where he drifted out of the game. James Henry starting to get back towards his best. The defence as a unit had really good moments coupled with some bad moments (ie. Dickie dummying the ball which nearly cost us yet his beating of their players was lovely to watch). And finally that double save by Easty followed by the hilarious miss from their forward, just brilliant.
half time stats show us having more possession and chances than them.

And he always seems to have loads of space, which is the sign of a very good player. We may not agree on much, and Mrs Egg may not go for the short ripping, but we have a very special player in Matty Taylor (and James Henry).

Sadly, we don’t have him

Sadly, we don’t have him
Pretty sure he was playing for us yesterday?! He's also out of contract in May and is loving his football and life here so absolutely no reason why he won't stay.

Slow start but very comfortable in the end. Taylor was once again very very good, his work rate was phenomenal and really plays that lone striker role well. Moore is getting better and better and not sure Mousinho Is going to get back in this team. A word for Long too, had a dodgy couple of games but great tonight - neat and tidy on the ball and aggressive in the challenge. A Cruyff turn too and that was a lovely overhead kick to send Henry away for our third.

That piece of work by Sam for the third was absolutely joyous. Brought it down, half-turned, and then back flicked it on to Henry.

Back
Top Bottom