Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Not very good or competent on todays showing

4 from me

Made some baffling decisions, especially in the first half. Thought he was doing better second half until he made us play with ten men rather than letting us complete the substitutions. Against a top L1 team he could've done some real damage. 4.

Not given the hardest of games to ref but poor nonetheless.

Near end of match, Morecambe had throw in very close to corner flag. Their player advanced to 18 yards from corner flag, the ref indicated to him to get back, he paused his movement forward, then proceeded to run a further 10 yards before throwing it. So effectively he nicked 27 yards. Instead of being boxed in at the corner he managed to throw it in to space near halfway line.
I'm not sure what the rule is on this. What happens if player refuses to take throw from correct place/blatantly takes it from wrong place?

Near end of match, Morecambe had throw in very close to corner flag. Their player advanced to 18 yards from corner flag, the ref indicated to him to get back, he paused his movement forward, then proceeded to run a further 10 yards before throwing it. So effectively he nicked 27 yards. Instead of being boxed in at the corner he managed to throw it in to space near halfway line.
I'm not sure what the rule is on this. What happens if player refuses to take throw from correct place/blatantly takes it from wrong place?
I think the rule is I’ll interpret it the way I want at the time .

Like when after the ball had hit him, and we got it back he gestured several times for a Morecambe player to get back some required distance. First the player didn't move at all, causing more gesturing, and then he reluctantly moved half an inch back, and the game was restarted.

Made some baffling decisions, especially in the first half. Thought he was doing better second half until he made us play with ten men rather than letting us complete the substitutions. Against a top L1 team he could've done some real damage. 4.
Radio oxford said that was our players fault, he wasn’t kitted up right. Bit like agei a few weeks ago.

Also, he stopped the game as Simon Eastwood bowled the ball out quickly to start a decent looking counter attack for us, as a Morecambe player was down injured, but not a bad one or a head injury. Ok, fair enough. Then, later in the game, one of our players was down injured as Morecambe had the ball and we were asking for it to be put out so he could get treatment… nope, play on!

By far the most frustrating thing for me about refs is how inconsistent they are.

Can't say I was very impressed. We had the usual thing of seemingly identical fouls being treated very differently, some slightly odd decisions, and what on earth was that double line he put down at their free kick!!

Probably about average for the current crop of refs though.

If the Ref picked up on it then he could reverse the throw and give it to Oxford. The Ref could also book their player for it.

5 because we won and even though it was a penalty when Taylor went down the theatrics with the arms thrown in the air as he went down the ref could have said he was feigning but it didn’t matter we missed any way

I have him 3 simply because we needed a referee otherwise we couldn’t have the match😁

Radio oxford said that was our players fault, he wasn’t kitted up right. Bit like agei a few weeks ago.
Except he was kitted up exactly how many of our players that were already on the pitch were so like many decisions he made it was nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom