Votes: 10 29.4%

Votes: 5 14.7%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Odd decision to not give a card after sykes was stamped on....that apart was consistant (ish) and let the game flow fairly well ...missed a couple of things but sykes incident apart nothing too controversial..7 from me

Missed the red card offence entirely, even with the assistance of the 4th official (who must have been off having a break as well!)

Too many niggly fouls missed and not assertive enough. At least one penalty shout ignored, or again missed and no help from his assistants.

He didn't see the 'stamp' incident as he was looking the other way. So I am not minded to criticise him for that because he would have gone on what the fourth official saw or didn't see.

Having said that, I think he should have clamped down on Shrewsbury's niggling fouls earlier - and I am surprised they didn't get more cards. I think the commentary said he was fairly inexperienced (?) - he looked it at times anyway.

OK, but not brilliant.

Shrewsbury weren't that bad for niggling fouls. We still have to play Gillingham and Wimbledon.

He didn't see the 'stamp' incident as he was looking the other way. So I am not minded to criticise him for that because he would have gone on what the fourth official saw or didn't see.

Having said that, I think he should have clamped down on Shrewsbury's niggling fouls earlier - and I am surprised they didn't get more cards. I think the commentary said he was fairly inexperienced (?) - he looked it at times anyway.

OK, but not brilliant.

The 4th Official really should have been advising him to give Norburn a straight red considering he had a good view and it appears he is the one who told the Ref about the foul in the 1st place.

Almost looked like they were engineering Norburn getting subbed, should have been off, missed a few 50/50 calls. Apart from that pretty sound as it goes. Gets a steady 7 from me.

Missed a penalty and a red card for a stamp ,if we hadnt won 4-1 that couldve been critical.

OK, but not brilliant.
2nd season in EFL after 2 seasons in Conference. 97th game at Conference or higher level.

Weirdly has ref'd the last 3 OUFC league games v Wimbledon (29/12/19, 18/2/20, 26/12/20)

5 from me as he should have red carded Norburn, and if he says he didn't see as the reason in not doing so then why did we get a free kick? Medio from the man in black

Ollie Norburn cynically “ raked “ his boot down Sykes’ Achilles tendon.

No doubt about it, Norburn knew what he was doing - it was a frustrating night for the Shrew - and that was a straight red card.

Really poor from the officials.

Ey4O8UVWEAE8_ar

5 from me as he should have red carded Norburn, and if he says he didn't see as the reason in not doing so then why did we get a free kick? Medio from the man in black

Because the 4th Official told him about it via the headsets. Purkiss was following the play so he didn't see it. The mistake was the 4th Official not telling him it was a red card offence, not the Ref's fault.

I thought he was pretty consistent in that he was trying to keep the game flowing and was letting similar things go both ways

Generally OK, we don't know the background and workings behind the Sykes incident, but if the fourth official sees enough to say it's a free kick he must see enough to say it's a bookable offence? Maybe he was also of the opinion that it was a coming together rather than a foul? I suppose we should be praising the team for getting the decision right, seeing as it wasn't initially given.

Penalty on Lee I'm not sure about either...in the "seen em given" category.

Interesting approach of getting the captain over when he's saying something to an offender, maybe he used to be a rugby ref?

Not sure about one of their bookings on the far side either. Seemed an age after it happened. Possibly for dissent?

Not bad, think the pen would've been harsh and would P**s me off if given against us, the stamp on Sykes possibly was going to be a red but KR said post match he told the ref it wasn't so perhaps this swayed the decision? Given some of the awful refs we've seen this season, I'd take that level of ref performance, 7 from me.

Back
Top Bottom