Non-League Oxford City

Fair play to city if they get past Dorking are they in th final where is the conference south play off final
Likely to be Ebbsfleet who came 3rd in the league.
Dorking were 12 points ahead of City and they will be home.
Then it could be final at Ebsfleet.
So a lot to do, but it is like 2 Cup finals.

Dartford v Chippenham tonight in the other eliminator , winner takes on Ebbsfleet away on Sunday.

Dorking is only half an hour on the train so would have been a nice game to go to, but I've already arranged to watch FA Cup final.
Not sure why they have these play-off semi finals at 3pm, when FA Cup kick off is 4:45.
Normally they move kick-offs so players and fans can watch the FA Cup final as well.

Hope Karl Robinson was there , Oxford city showed a masterclass of defending tonight. Very enjoyable evening all round, good food and drink and being able to drink while watching the game is great. Thought it was going to be carnage getting out in the car but nope I was home in Abingdon by 10pm. Lots of students in the ground which I was surprised at.
How do you know they were students? Were they wearing mortar boards?

it was reported ( cant remember where) that there was a contingent of Brookes students* at CPF for last nights game

* I think the report said they were part of/ something to do with Brookes football team(s) ?

it was reported ( cant remember where) that there was a contingent of Brookes students* at CPF for last nights game

* I think the report said they were part of/ something to do with Brookes football team(s) ?

Yep that is correct, they walked from Brookes uni. I wasn't meaning Oxford Uni students lol, they're well too posh for football.

Dorking is only half an hour on the train so would have been a nice game to go to, but I've already arranged to watch FA Cup final.
Not sure why they have these play-off semi finals at 3pm, when FA Cup kick off is 4:45.
Normally they move kick-offs so players and fans can watch the FA Cup final as well.

Just shows the FA cup is meaningless these days don't it.

2.5 days rest for Citeh until they play Dorking who've had a nice long rest. I wonder how the other Citeh would cope with that?

Not sure I could cope psychologically with going back to Ebbsfleet.

Dartford 0 - 0 Chippenham, Chippenham won 3-2 on penalties.

Ebbsfleet v Chippenham is the other Play Off semi final on Sunday

I was there and enjoyed the game and match day experience. I get down to Court Place three or four times a season and there is always a group of Oxford Brooks students there.

I don’t follow Oxford City at all but is this play offs they’re involved in to get to the National League ? Quite a feat if it is and they make it.

Yes promotion to the national league (conference) Is up for grabs.

Oxford City in the NL and Banbury in the NLN.

There’s a host of development opportunities for our development side with loans to either of those if it were to occur.

Also, if Swindon don’t go up they’re only a relegation away from playing the City 😛.

Back
Top Bottom