Home Match Build Up Oxford Fanatics - How can we help?

Also pitch invasions loads in last few weeks.Didn't a young Oxford lad get banned & fined for just jumping over the wall to celebrate the late goal against Sheffield Wednesday.Got to admit it was standard years ago if you won a big cup match or promotion, plus last home game of the season. Can't see all those Forest fans getting banned .only1 definitely.
The Sheffield Wednesday match - pitch invading OUFC fan ran on the pitch and towards the away fans during the match if I remember correctly

Surely if your stood/ sat down behind the goal, the east stand.your are more likely to be a singer.Thats why lots of people go there to replicate the old London road.Its always been tradition to sing behind the goal.There's also a fair few singers in the north stand
I think plenty are there to enjoy the atmosphere, but not necessarily add to it. I wish everyone was there to replicate the London Road but realistically that's usually the ones standing at the back, and a peppering of fans sat beneath when the team lifts the atmosphere with a goal, corner etc.

You're right there are plenty in the North Stand who already join up with East Standers at away games and all sing together. Another example that if all those fans tried to rendezvous in one area, whether that be North, East or South it would be impossible due to existing ST holders.

New stadium, if there was an unreserved area behind the goal, whether safe standing or not, I would go there every game and probably help create an Ultras style atmosphere to grow and give my help to an existing group.

If the club didn't organise an unreserved area, I'd probably get a ticket near the away section for the back and forth atmosphere, and most other young ones would probably do the same.

I think plenty are there to enjoy the atmosphere, but not necessarily add to it. I wish everyone was there to replicate the London Road but realistically that's usually the ones standing at the back, and a peppering of fans sat beneath when the team lifts the atmosphere with a goal, corner etc.

You're right there are plenty in the North Stand who already join up with East Standers at away games and all sing together. Another example that if all those fans tried to rendezvous in one area, whether that be North, East or South it would be impossible due to existing ST holders.

New stadium, if there was an unreserved area behind the goal, whether safe standing or not, I would go there every game and probably help create an Ultras style atmosphere to grow and give my help to an existing group.

If the club didn't organise an unreserved area, I'd probably get a ticket near the away section for the back and forth atmosphere, and most other young ones would probably do the same.

I sit in one of blocks behind the goal and I do join in the singing. Plenty around me do as well. Not all but plenty do.

Let's put it this way me & my footballing buddies are aged between mid 50s to mid 60s odd.There was a good few of us at Fleetwood & we sung from Thursday to Saturday. I sing in East stand, north stand, & south stand. I play my part ,like I said it's down to the fans.If some misery sat next to me don't like it , what's the point??? I'm cheering my team & support hopefully onto victory

Also pitch invasions loads in last few weeks.Didn't a young Oxford lad get banned & fined for just jumping over the wall to celebrate the late goal against Sheffield Wednesday.Got to admit it was standard years ago if you won a big cup match or promotion, plus last home game of the season. Can't see all those Forest fans getting banned .only1 definitely.
Not sure of the actual punishment but he ran over half the length of the pitch during the match to goad the away fans and so quite frankly deserves whatever he got.

Let's put it this way me & my footballing buddies are aged between mid 50s to mid 60s odd.There was a good few of us at Fleetwood & we sung from Thursday to Saturday. I sing in East stand, north stand, & south stand. I play my part ,like I said it's down to the fans.If some misery sat next to me don't like it , what's the point??? I'm cheering my team & support hopefully onto victor
Not sure of the actual punishment but he ran over half the length of the pitch during the match to goad the away fans and so quite frankly deserves whatever he got.
Ok I thought it was just over the perimeter.not unless it was another match this season?? You often see a few creep over to congratulate the scorer.

Let's put it this way me & my footballing buddies are aged between mid 50s to mid 60s odd.There was a good few of us at Fleetwood & we sung from Thursday to Saturday. I sing in East stand, north stand, & south stand. I play my part ,like I said it's down to the fans.If some misery sat next to me don't like it , what's the point??? I'm cheering my team & support hopefully onto victor

Ok I thought it was just over the perimeter.not unless it was another match this season?? You often see a few creep over to congratulate the scorer.
Nope - he went full Carl Lewis at the away end. He received some form of ban in the same way that most of this forum were rightly calling out for the Wycombe fan that ran on the pitch towards our players to be banned, which I think he also was.

End of season celebratory pitch invasions are almost impossible to stop, problem is when you get complete fuckwits like the Forest 'fan' who headbutted Billy Sharp in the process.

Nope - he went full Carl Lewis at the away end. He received some form of ban in the same way that most of this forum were rightly calling out for the Wycombe fan that ran on the pitch towards our players to be banned, which I think he also was.

End of season celebratory pitch invasions are almost impossible to stop, problem is when you get complete fuckwits like the Forest 'fan' who headbutted Billy Sharp in the process.
Yeah that was crazy, he will be banned for life & jail probably

I think one problem with the east stand is that people moved there a long time ago for the atmosphere, got older and don’t contribute as much as they used to anymore, which is understandable.if you have had a season ticket 20 years you could of been a loud 23 year old but as time has gone on you have slowly morphed into a more laid back 43 year old.

It’s a touchy subject as some people are very attached to there seats but I can’t see any solution to it other than area of unreserved seating set aside for the younger, more vocal supporters. The easiest way is probably to give one side/end of the east stand over to that rather than behind the goal where there are far more season ticket holders.

It will be borderline criminal if there’s not a ultras/fanatics section at the new stadium if we get one. Not only will it improve the match day experience, It will be so important for attracting new fans and future generations of yellows.

Minor point but @WuTang (I think) suggested a playlist of Oxford bands before games over the sound system. Could be a good move?

I'd add this to any list as we used to have a chant based off of it. I know Oxfordshire bands' songs have been suggested to replace Sweet Caroline but this would do that as it is easy to customise the chorus and plenty of people seem to know it.

Back
Top Bottom