National News P&O ferries

Perfectly aware it doesn`t change what they did but folk won`t give a tuppence as long as their ferry ticket remains cheap.
Principles have a price....

It is hilarious how some people will perform any manner of contortions to avoid criticizing either the Tories or 'free market' big business. Condemning P&O won't lead to your allotment being nationalized, you know.

It is hilarious how some people will perform any manner of contortions to avoid criticizing either the Tories or 'free market' big business. Condemning P&O won't lead to your allotment being nationalized, you know.

P&O were able to do what they did and, as predicted, paid the price.

There is talk they might get fined as well.

It stinks but, as always, £££`s wins out. 🤷‍♀️

I don`t use ferries so can`t boycott them, however I would rather walk than use the likes of Ryanair et al.

P&O were able to do what they did and, as predicted, paid the price.

There is talk they might get fined as well.

It stinks but, as always, £££`s wins out. 🤷‍♀️

I don`t use ferries so can`t boycott them, however I would rather walk than use the likes of Ryanair et al.

Swim like Bazzer. :)

"Mr Hebblethwaite, who earns £325,000 a year as a base salary, declined to say whether he would forgo his bonuses because of the sackings"

Rebrand on the horizon and Mr Hebblethwaite to cash in his pension and sail off into the sunset then...........

"Mr Hebblethwaite, who earns £325,000 a year as a base salary, declined to say whether he would forgo his bonuses because of the sackings"

Rebrand on the horizon and Mr Hebblethwaite to cash in his pension and sail off into the sunset then...........

Hopefully they implode and either other companies expand to fill the space or a new company (not an AFC P&O) takes the space.

I expect Boris to give him a Knighthood within the hour.

Victoria Derbyshire is asking Grant Shapps if he will directly intervene to get the 800 jobs back. Not that he can, he can only apply pressure.

Now asking if the UK should remove their licence. Grant Shapps has used the M&CA to "inspect their ships" to stop them sailing.

"Breathtaking arrogance of P&O" - suggests their Chair should quit.

Victoria Derbyshire is asking Grant Shapps if he will directly intervene to get the 800 jobs back. Not that he can, he can only apply pressure.

Now asking if the UK should remove their licence. Grant Shapps has used the M&CA to "inspect their ships" to stop them sailing.

Let's hope Shapps follows through and makes it difficult for them to operate.

Also let's hope, the parent company are sidelined from the other profitable gigs in this country (ie. Freeports etc) but I doubt the Govt will do anything but lip service on this, and then probably not even this.

Because of course breaking the law, but just carrying on regardless is such a bad thing :)

Shapps outrage somewhat at odds with earlier pronouncements.
facebook_1648236331817_6913204239487947279.jpg

Back
Top Bottom