EPL PL ban away kits at home on boxing day

Sarge

God like member
Idea was to support homeless charitiy ( Shelter) on boxing day - but the Pl are having none of it

EFL clubs ( 17 so far) have got the ok from the efl powers that be to wear away kits at home games on boxing day , which will , hopefully, embarrass the scroogelike PL administrators

They have to let the clubs know who is the boss :mad:

See Portsmouth have been given permission to change along with Cardiff. As we have Pompey away Boxing Day, anyone remember what their away strip is, we will probably play in white unless it clashes.

in some ways I can see the reasons for them saying no. It opens the can of worms to be like baseball when the home kit can change depending on day of the week.

in some ways I can see the reasons for them saying no. It opens the can of worms to be like baseball when the home kit can change depending on day of the week.

Glad somebody else spotted it.

So we then end up with more kits and more marketing/income. :)

I don't know if EPL clubs have different home and away kit sponsors, but as Boxing Day will probably get the highest attendances and I guess some of the most watched games for TV rights or MOTD, home sponsors might be miffed to find they get two fewer matches advertising than the equivalent away sponsor. So on league games alone, 18 instead of 19, and away sponsors get 20 instead of 19.

Or play in yellow
Saying that reminds me there was a very good interview on the podcast 'The Price Of Football' (which, if you haven't given it a go it is definitely worth downloading) a few weeks back talking about the impact of kit choices to fans who suffer with colour blindness. Apparently around 1 in 12 males suffer with some level of colour blindness. Now, if we were to play in Yellow against a Pompey side in White, and there was (conservative estimate) 12,000 there, you'd have around 1,000 in the ground who were struggling to tell the shirts apart, and you could expect one or two players also to be struggling.

It was a very interesting listen.

Saying that reminds me there was a very good interview on the podcast 'The Price Of Football' (which, if you haven't given it a go it is definitely worth downloading) a few weeks back talking about the impact of kit choices to fans who suffer with colour blindness. Apparently around 1 in 12 males suffer with some level of colour blindness. Now, if we were to play in Yellow against a Pompey side in White, and there was (conservative estimate) 12,000 there, you'd have around 1,000 in the ground who were struggling to tell the shirts apart, and you could expect one or two players also to be struggling.

It was a very interesting listen.
Whenever I see a Swindon away shirt I still see red.

Back
Top Bottom