Pre-Match Music ...........

We've now been asked to get a shortlist of suggestions specifically for the walking out song, so pop over to the other thread and give us your one suggestion for that.

We've now been asked to get a shortlist of suggestions specifically for the walking out song, so pop over to the other thread and give us your one suggestion for that.
Remember some of these songs will be subject to license

Who calls it a “walking out song” unless they mean leaving the game early ?

Generally called “walk on songs” at the darts and boxing etc.

Or “players in the tunnel / on the pitch”

Last edited:
So for walking out music…
“Is there a fire drill?”
“we can see you sneaking out”
“Come in a taxi”
“Back to school on Monday”
“Your support is ****ing ****”

I liked the suggestion of Diamond hoo ha man by Supergrass as it's a local band and high energy.

But for lyrics then Perkele is decent.

The walk out/in/on music doesn't need to be one that we can sing along to in my opinion... save that for the club anthem/post match ditty ... anything that comes close to that Hibs clip would be great.

Thinking about it, I think hurricane#1 is the one to come out to, but perkele as 'our' song, perhaps played during warmup and then after final whistle perhaps (at least until we learn it well enough to start our own chorus during the game itsElf

If we're looking for local bands who are also big Oxford United fans, it's worth looking into the Samurai Seven who were around a decade or so ago. A favourite of John Peel, and quite a few up-tempo songs that might make for good pre-match music, if not the main song to come out to. Here's a really good bit with John Peel interviewing them at the Manor (with some lovely shots of the old ground if you can forgive Peel for calling it Manor Road!):

There isn't loads of their stuff on Youtube, but this version of Sound of the Suburbs is cracking:

I played in the same Sunday League team as frontman Simon.

We were shite tbf.

Back
Top Bottom