Matches Pre season

oufc1991

Who would we like to play in the pre season games I would like a couple of decent strong teams to test where we are at I don't want to be playing any premier League reserve teams
Oxford city (usual)
Thame (usual)
Banbury (usual)
I'd like Nottingham forest (h)
Southampton (h)
Brentford (a)

Who would we like to play in the pre season games I would like a couple of decent strong teams to test where we are at I don't want to be playing any premier League reserve teams
Oxford city (usual)
Thame (usual)
Banbury (usual)
I'd like Nottingham forest (h)
Southampton (h)
Brentford (a)
We played Brentford in a friendly, was it the first one at their new stadium, but with no fans?

I can’t really see Brentford giving us a friendly at there’s now they are a premier league club.

I would like us to play Aldershot, Woking and Farnborough Town away purely because they are near my house.

We will play two championship clubs at home at best, increasingly hard to get the glamour premier league clubs to come to you as they make money from pre season games.

European tour for me , Starting in Poland against GKS Katowice and possibly Szczakowianka Jaworzno for the fun of seeing Nick Harris trying to pronounce that!! then onto Germany and Eintracht Braunschweig and finally a big one to finish v Hellas Verona 👌

No games abroad this season which will upset some. The club still have a booking carried over from last summer for a training complex in Spain. But no matches planned at the moment.
Hoping for a big friendly at home.
It’ll just be the kids playing the local sides.

No games abroad this season which will upset some. The club still have a booking carried over from last summer for a training complex in Spain. But no matches planned at the moment.
Hoping for a big friendly at home.
It’ll just be the kids playing the local sides.
Not a bad thing.
The most important thing is to start the season well. Whatever that takes

I’d like several games against teams that have just got relegated and just promoted from our league.
So MK Dons, Wimbledon, Wigan,Doncaster in other word teams of a calibre we are likely to face.
Pointless us playing Prem Teams or Non League teams who won’t be anything like we will face
Its ok to play local non league for warm ups but the last 3/4 should be as near as we can get to what we will actually play later

Alongside the preseason fixtures, I hope that there's also an opportunity to have a family/community day? Ideally combine this with a big preseason game on Saturday 23rd July, or Sunday 24th at the training ground.

We've seen an increase in families attending, so getting kids to see the players up close can only boost interest. Its also a great opportunity to sell shirts and footballs to get signed along with the usual scarves, flags, Olly toys etc.

It feels like a great opportunity to move the club forward and I hope that we make the most of these summer months.

Alongside the preseason fixtures, I hope that there's also an opportunity to have a family/community day? Ideally combine this with a big preseason game on Saturday 23rd July, or Sunday 24th at the training ground.

We've seen an increase in families attending, so getting kids to see the players up close can only boost interest. Its also a great opportunity to sell shirts and footballs to get signed along with the usual scarves, flags, Olly toys etc.

It feels like a great opportunity to move the club forward and I hope that we make the most of these summer months.

Club already said there will be an open day but it will be at the training ground not the stadium due to Kassam.

Back
Top Bottom