Manager/Coach Robbo to WBA

If your definition of a successful season is promotion and nothing else, then being a football supporter is going to be a very depressing way to spend a lot of time and money!

I'm not a KR fanboy, but to say we haven't had an interesting, at times exhilarating, at times frustrating but at least diverting season is just wrong.

Exactly, I still remember the 10 years of losing every week as we went down 3 divisions. I am loving things these last 5 years. Playing good football, seeing good players come through and go on to higher levels. Awesome cup games beating the bigger boys. It’s great. Excited for another season ahead where we smash some teams, lose to others but have another right go and hopefully make that leap up.

I read the heading of this post and thought "blimey, that's quick, Rob Hall's got another club already?!"

You can only dream of getting Eddie Howe or someone decent!

Notice how he's just priced himself out the Celtic job. Howe's a two club manager his highest finish outside Bournemouth was 8th in the Championship at Burnley. It was a bust, In his return and 5 years at Bournemouth his Net spend was £176m no cups, no europe.. Please tell me what him great? Oh right Maxim's chequebook

Notice how he's just priced himself out the Celtic job. Howe's a two club manager his highest finish outside Bournemouth was 8th in the Championship at Burnley. It was a bust, In his return and 5 years at Bournemouth his Net spend was £176m no cups, no europe.. Please tell me what him great? Oh right Maxim's chequebook
He kept a little club like Bournemouth up for four years playing good football, whereas a bigger one like West Brom are perpetual strugglers and fall guys who can’t make anything of the premier league

Don’t think you can argue that he doesn’t care about the club. Think he works very hard and that seeing us through the pandemic has been excellent. Can’t be easy managing a club whose fans have expectations (some anyway) beyond the real world. Have a look at the Sunderland, Pompey, Ipswich, Charlton forums, much bigger clubs than us, that except Sunderland haven’t even made the playoffs .
Don't you think it was more Tiger, the board and Niall Williams that saw us through the pandemic?

Don't you think it was more Tiger, the board and Niall Williams that saw us through the pandemic?

So on one hand we criticise Karl for being TOO involved in everything at the club, then we give all credit for the way the club has survived covid to everyone but him? Seems fair!!

I guess Chris Short and Marcus McGuane were confused when they spoke highly of Robinson?

So on one hand we criticise Karl for being TOO involved in everything at the club, then we give all credit for the way the club has survived covid to everyone but him? Seems fair!!

I guess Chris Short and Marcus McGuane were confused when they spoke highly of Robinson?
I’m not a total Karl fan but it’s hilarious the way some people blame him for everything bad but give credit for the good things to others

He kept a little club like Bournemouth up for four years playing good football, whereas a bigger one like West Brom are perpetual strugglers and fall guys who can’t make anything of the premier league

"Little Bournemouth" Maxim Denim was worth £4 billion Howe spent £176m on the squad that's £15'553 per seat at the Vitality. As soon as denim won't fund it as much he's off. Celtic wouldn't match his budget.

"Little Bournemouth" Maxim Denim was worth £4 billion Howe spent £176m on the squad that's £15'553 per seat at the Vitality. As soon as denim won't fund it as much he's off. Celtic wouldn't match his budget.
Premier league finance is ridiculous especially for a club like Bournemouth with no more fans than Oxford . But Howe found some really good players and resold several for a profit

I read it was an issue over his back room staff:-

There are believed to be various factors as to why negotiations between the Glasgow giants and Howe broke down, including around backroom staff and personal reasons.
Howe was understood to have been keen to take Stephen Purches and Simon Weatherstone with him to Parkhead as part of his backroom team.

Incidentally, is that the ex OUFC Simon Weatherstone who is one of his staff ?

I read it was an issue over his back room staff:-

There are believed to be various factors as to why negotiations between the Glasgow giants and Howe broke down, including around backroom staff and personal reasons.
Howe was understood to have been keen to take Stephen Purches and Simon Weatherstone with him to Parkhead as part of his backroom team.

Incidentally, is that the ex OUFC Simon Weatherstone who is one of his staff ?
Yep, brother of Ross. Went to Boston and a few other clubs now first team coach at Bournemouth and highly regarded.

Back
Top Bottom