Current Player #10 Sam Baldock

1694726450594.png

That Joey game against Cambridge will stay with me til the day I die - and Baldock was a massive part of it.

That day we were properly United - for Joey.
Matty scored. Cam a brace. And a superb bit of movement and finish for the 3rd from Sam.

A significant impact in just a handful of games for us - I can't help but wonder what could have been if only Sam had dropped down a division a season or two earlier - I reckon he could have made a real impact here, particularly alongside peak Matty Taylor.

What could have been.

We'll always have that game.

View attachment 15622

That Joey game against Cambridge will stay with me til the day I die - and Baldock was a massive part of it.

That day we were properly United - for Joey.
Matty scored. Cam a brace. And a superb bit of movement and finish for the 3rd from Sam.

A significant impact in just a handful of games for us - I can't help but wonder what could have been if only Sam had dropped down a division a season or two earlier - I reckon he could have made a real impact here, particularly alongside peak Matty Taylor.

What could have been.

We'll always have that game.
Definitely the striker in the "What could have been" XI, alongside George Thorne, Nicky Wroe, Ivo Pekalski and numerous others.
Hope he stays fit and well in his future endeavours.

Definitely the striker in the "What could have been" XI, alongside George Thorne, Nicky Wroe, Ivo Pekalski and numerous others.
Hope he stays fit and well in his future endeavours.
If you're playing one striker in this line up then surely it's Brooks, as good as Baldock was for those few games. The ultimate "what could have been".

To get back on track it's a shame about Baldock, although entirely expected and confirmed by himself a while back. He seems very switched on and has plenty of experience so I'm sure he'll be a success going forwards. Those few games when he was fit he was a class above this level, always a shame when a player is robbed of the opportunities and career their talents deserve because their body can't handle it.

You can add me to that list. An absolute wand of a left foot, great engine, exemplary autograph.

I’m very much the local hero who got away.

A crying shame.

If you're playing one striker in this line up then surely it's Brooks, as good as Baldock was for those few games. The ultimate "what could have been".

To get back on track it's a shame about Baldock, although entirely expected and confirmed by himself a while back. He seems very switched on and has plenty of experience so I'm sure he'll be a success going forwards. Those few games when he was fit he was a class above this level, always a shame when a player is robbed of the opportunities and career their talents deserve because their body can't handle it.

Although the 'what could have been' for Brooks would have been us watching him play for someone else. There was no way he was staying with us after that final exceptional full season he had. He was quite simply the best young player I have ever seen.

For the short time we saw Baldock he clearly was a level above L1 so I think what could have been is quite a valid comment for him. Good luck to Sam for the future.

This is an important and hugely overlooked attribute.
Grown men have wept as they’ve witnessed me penning my signature.

Admittedly, I was gripping something other than a pen in my other hand, but still.

When we talk about good behaviours, we include good penmanship.

Grown men have wept as they’ve witnessed me penning my signature.

Admittedly, I was gripping something other than a pen in my other hand, but still.

When we talk about good behaviours, we include good penmanship.
There’s a great site you should check out if you’re passionate about this. It’s called Pen Island.

Just type it into your browser with a few variations (.com .co.uk etc) and you should find it.

There’s a great site you should check out if you’re passionate about this. It’s called Pen Island.

Just type it into your browser with a few variations (.com .co.uk etc) and you should find it.
Check it out yeah, trashbat.co.ck, my web site. Dot cock yeah, registered in the Cook Islands.

Back
Top Bottom