Ex Player Sam Winnall

Signed for Burton. No surprise as he'd been training with them and they could probably do with some 'fresh' bodies.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Jamie Hanson end up there too - he's a Burton lad in need of a club (if not money) and as per the article below it sounds as though they want experience/extra bodies.

Interesting quote from Maamria re: Winnall "He's the best you'll get at this level"*.

*ok I made that bit up.

Signed for Burton. No surprise as he'd been training with them and they could probably do with some 'fresh' bodies.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Jamie Hanson end up there too - he's a Burton lad in need of a club (if not money) and as per the article below it sounds as though they want experience/extra bodies.

Interesting quote from Maamria re: Winnall "He's the best you'll get at this level"*.

*ok I made that bit up.
I'm sure he'll do OK if he's fitter. Can hardly make their team worse.

Given Burton only have one other senior striker - I'd expect Winnall to be penciled in for a lot of game time. And therefore injured a lot.

I hope Winnall does OK for Burton, but suspect his body will let him down again. He had very little pace even when he was fit, but I don't think anyone could accuse him of being anything other than whole hearted.

Hanson? I never saw anything that really impressed me when he was on the pitch and he has recurring injury problems. Again, you'd wish him the best but I can't see him suddenly turning Burton's season around.

I hope Winnall does OK for Burton, but suspect his body will let him down again. He had very little pace even when he was fit, but I don't think anyone could accuse him of being anything other than whole hearted.

Hanson? I never saw anything that really impressed me when he was on the pitch and he has recurring injury problems. Again, you'd wish him the best but I can't see him suddenly turning Burton's season around.

Has Hanson signed for Burton?

Oh, I thought they had signed them both as a job lot! My mistake.

Has Hanson signed for anyone?

Maybe he will be player manager and bring Hanson in as assistant.
Good luck to them.
Having seen what they were like last Saturday with their disgraceful time wasting and fouling, JFH had to go. Good luck to them

Jamie Hanson is from Burton so people put two and two together. What a waste of money he was. I'm amazed we paid so much for him, paid so much to him and, even barring his injuries, never saw anything other than a lower reaches League 1-ability player when he did play. That was a real stinker from the recruitment team.

As for Winnall, I simply think Burton will be getting what we got - a reputation in a shell of a physically broken player. Winnall seemed to need a dozen appearances to look any way usable. The bloke was iron pyrite every time he played and normally when that dozen games point was reached, he was off on the treatment table again. He really wasn't much use to us and adds to KR's crocks XI.

Lest we forget 1m 41secs ...

Maybe he will be player manager and bring Hanson in as assistant.

Ha!

I wouldn't have thought anything could make Burton look more nailed-on for relegation but that would do it!

Has Hanson even been mentioned at training at a club? Hell of a long time since he played a game, he doesn’t have much of a resume at 26 if you look at the actual stats and ignore the headlines which you would think any club would do (well we didn’t obviously).

Be shocked if he got a club at league one, will be a bang average league 2 club give him a go on a pay as you play deal at best, so maybe he has decided to give another career a go.

Back
Top Bottom