National News Sarah Everard

You seem to want to blame someone.
Its the police in your case, well if she wasn`t dead then there would be no vigil deteriorating into a protest and arrests.
All interconnected events you see....... chain reaction.... break the chain.
That's thoughtless and puerile even by your standards.

That's thoughtless and puerile even by your standards.

Reality again.
Not my fault you can`t deal with it.
That Sarah was, allegedly, murdered by a police man is an incredibly rare event and part of the reason it has remained in the headlines.
120 women a year are murdered..... you can`t name one of them... that is the cruel and sad reality.

Well I saw this posted on social media today, albeit with quite a bit of grammatical errors. So maybe it isn't "absolute B*****s" ?

View attachment 5815
More propaganda from those still out to nail the Met and police in general rather than deal with the real issue of violence against women. For as long as these idiots perpetuate the narrative against police the more diluted the message about violence against women becomes.

More propaganda from those still out to nail the Met and police in general rather than deal with the real issue of violence against women. For as long as these idiots perpetuate the narrative against police the more diluted the message about violence against women becomes.
100% agree. It's just a sample of the things that are being posted on social media.

A very interesting timeline of the events on Saturday just shown on Sky News. In particular Patsy Stevenson shown with a portable microphone and speaker urging crowds to ignore the police‘s requests to disperse due to C19 risks.

In terms of the protest - it`s illegal, expect the police to turn up and, when they do don`t start pushing, shoving etc etc or some folk will get nicked.

By contrast in Nottingham a perfectly peaceful, socially distanced event occurred, albeit illegal. No arrests, low key policing & point made.

Broadly speaking society is safe for all, however there are probably places many of us would avoid at night regardless of gender.

Yeah. But they’re not the Met are they? “He’s one of out own, he’s one of our own…”

The police get a bad press. I thought the way they dealt with Rangers fans recently showed their reasonable, low key policing side.

I can never quite tell with you Pete, but I’m assuming this was ironic. Because there was no response. Much easier to bundle a bunch of peaceful women into the back of a van than a bunch of foaming Glaswegian men.

A serving police officer has been charged with the murder of a young female who should have been safe to walk home at night. Tensions were running high, and instead of maintaining distance and keeping those at the vigil safe, the police intervened and dragged women away. Its an horrendous PR failure and was completely unnecessary.

Yes we have lockdown laws, and mass gatherings are banned for all the right reasons. But sometimes you have to understand the will of the people and this was an opportunity to show that we police by consent, and police in a way that is morally as well as legally just.

And shhhhhh. Priti Patel is trying to put even more restrictions on peaceful protest. Actually, redefine what peaceful protest is. Shhhhhh.

From the live footage a watched last night , a small number of feminist activist seem to of hijacked the event and ruined it for the ones who were rightly paying their respects

And in English now please(

I can never quite tell with you Pete, but I’m assuming this was ironic. Because there was no response. Much easier to bundle a bunch of peaceful women into the back of a van than a bunch of foaming Glaswegian men.
Yep, so much easier with a peaceful, flower wearing group of non confrontational delicate women sitting around singing campfire songs and extolling the virtues of love and peace. How did Police get it so wrong on both occasions.

Last edited:
Yes, sorry. I was trying to be ironic. In these two cases the police seemed to have been selective in how they applied the Covid rules. Thousands of Rangers fans? Let them party. A few women? Restrain them if they refuse to disperse.

And a Mother and child die and barely make a headline....

Whilst the headlines were about Sarah Everard, the protests are about exactly this. Honour killings, domestic violence, rapes, sexual assaults, intimidating and fear. All sadly far too common and all too often ignored by the national media.

Vindication for the Met. today with the publication of the HMICFRS review of the disorder instigated by protesters at Clapham Common in that they acted appropriately in dealing with the rabble.
Whilst there is learning for the Met., it seems that Ms. Dick, or anyone else for that matter, won’t be resigning after all.

I loved CD's contortions in trying to excuse the Dutchess of Cambridge attending whilst still maintaining it was an illegal vigil.

I loved CD's contortions in trying to excuse the Dutchess of Cambridge attending whilst still maintaining it was an illegal vigil.
I don’t see why she’d need to excuse the Duchess anyway; she did what the other rabble rousers should have done; she attended during the afternoon, paid her respects briefly, placed flowers and left.
She didn’t hang around in a crowd, throw bottles at police vans or gob in any officers faces then claim police brutality while posing for the front page photo and bagging their fifteen minutes of fame, if she had then Ms. Dick might have something to excuse..

The duchess did NOT attend..............that woman was NOT her...................... this massive case of mistaken identity hasnt been noticed by ANYONE!!.....maybe the Sun/mirror etc are a tad embarrassed for having the pics all over their front pages and are hoping no-one noticed??? well.....I DID!!

Back
Top Bottom