Ex Player Sean Clare

KR on selling Clare (OM) .....

Sounds like Clare wanted to leave to get a starting role as a no.8 and KR was happy for him to leave because we have 4 players very capable of playing there. How boring, I was waiting excitedly for the game against Charlton where KR and Clare duel like they're in Yu-Gi-Oh over their huge personality clash that so many people claimed was definitely the reason for the sale.

Can someone explain to me what is the role of an '8', if it's where both Henry and Brannagan play?

Anyway... Two wingers incoming (not sure about defenders).
Roughly, yeah. I always saw it as 6 is your CDM, 8 is your CM and 10 is your CAM. So in our 433 we sort of play with Gorrin in the 6 then Bran and Henry both as 8s in the simplest form.

Roughly, yeah. I always saw it as 6 is your CDM, 8 is your CM and 10 is your CAM. So in our 433 we sort of play with Gorrin in the 6 then Bran and Henry both as 8s in the simplest form.
So Clare would definitely be behind, Brannagan, Henry, McGuane and Sykes. Also meaning that Chambers-Parillon would not get a look in. Happy Days!

Can someone explain to me what is the role of an '8', if it's where both Henry and Brannagan play?

Anyway... Two wingers incoming (not sure about defenders).

So Clare would definitely be behind, Brannagan, Henry, McGuane and Sykes. Also meaning that Chambers-Parillon would not get a look in. Happy Days!
Clare leaving means more chances for LCP in the cups hopefully. Decent fee, player and club both happy, better opportunity for a good youth prospect. Feels like a win for everyone involved to me, as long as Clare doesn't come back and score against us!

'Ridiculous to say he was 'crap' for us' ? Really ?

Have a look through the 20 matchday threads on here where he was involved. On the basis that this forum is somewhere near representative of our over all fan base, to call him 'crap' is being polite.
Well have a look at the threads in which he played at right back and yes, the views were uniformly poor.

Then look at any of the threads for games where he played further forward and you unsurprisingly get different comments!

So on your basis that we on here are representative - as a full back 'crap' As an attacking wide midfielder? Not.

Could have easily kept Clare and he could have quite easily found himself in front of those mentioned.

Brannagan has a year left.

Same as Sykes.

Henry has been in decline for a year or so now.

Gorrin is picking up more regular knocks and Will always like a yellow.

LCP is still young but one I rate it so b Interesting you see his development this season.

If Clare is so s**t, why were 3/4 of the top ? teams in the league after him

Sounds like Clare wanted to leave to get a starting role as a no.8 and KR was happy for him to leave because we have 4 players very capable of playing there. How boring, I was waiting excitedly for the game against Charlton where KR and Clare duel like they're in Yu-Gi-Oh over their huge personality clash that so many people claimed was definitely the reason for the sale.
I don’t recall seeing anybody claiming that they “definitely” fell out? A few people suggested it was a possibility that they didn’t exactly see eye to eye, for whatever reason and regardless of ‘blame’, and it still is possible that neither of them will exactly shed a tear over the move. I spent enough of my life working in the media, whether it was football or music, to know that what gets printed is rarely more than half the story. I remember Robinson admitting to lying to the Mail so that they printed a false story in January, while they were trying to wrap up a deal for McNally. He outright said that on the radio - that’s the game sometimes. Given he’s already established himself that words in the local media are rarely worth a dime, I wouldn’t get your cards or your todger out just yet. Although it is a bit warm, so if you’re in shorts then accidents do happen from time to time.

I’m personally more interested in seeing who comes in now. I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it before, but we’re looking a bit light at the back…

Yeah i agree on that but i just think Clare is a great weapon to have of the bench with his pace & Power. Which KR said we needed more of after Blackpool?
Indeed the talking point from all quarters after the Blackpool games was that we needed more pace & power. So where’s it going to come from?

If it helps finance a new contract for the likes of Moore, or a better option at the back where we're actually light, then I'm all for this sale. No point keeping a player on that won't be happy with the game time he's given, and is a further block to first team football for the likes of LCP.

Clare might well be a good player for Charlton, bit we can't worry too much about what other teams are doing.

If he’d gone for free we’d be losing a potentially good asset for no gain but if he didn’t fit into Karl’s plans then the extra money is definitely a bonus and might facilitate us chasing someone slightly more valuable than we could have done otherwise

It’s quite usual for some players to not do well when they move clubs
You have to be happy not only with your team mates, but with your family life and where you live.
Clare in my opinion was played out of position and was pilloried for it, he then gets sent out on loan instead of Robbie Hall
What does that say to you
You then come back and the manager is less than complimentary about you
I would want to get away from that manager ASAP
I would suggest Clare is very happy about the Charlton deal and if their manager works with him my bet is he will do really well for them and of course he’s bound to be Man of the Match against us

Let's see how "awful" it is in week 6 of the season and if any of the inadequately covered get injured - as last season (or the one before). "Nice" - no; "professional" - yes please.

Back
Top Bottom