Home Match Build Up Starting XI for Bristol Rovers

YellowSubmarine

I’d be interested to know everyone else selected sides for next weekend. Can we leave all the manager things to the other threads & just talk about what team you’d start as manager.

Here is mine:

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Henry McGuane Brannagan
Browne Joseph Wildschut

Subs: McGinty, Fleming, Bate, Bodin, Murphy, Baldock, O’Donkor​

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown Fleming
McGuane Bate
Brannagan
Wildschut Joseph

5-3-2. We haven't played attractive football all season so let's not pretend we do or try and start now. If we're going to kick it long then let's do it properly with two big athletic players up front with Brannagan chasing the knock downs. Play for set pieces and hopefully one of the 5 6ft+ players can get their head on something.

Sorted.

Eastwood
Long, Moore, Findlay, Brown
McGuane, Brannagan, Bate
Henry, Joseph, Wildschut

Couldn’t really think who to put up with Joseph and Wildschut, assuming Goodrham is out the other forwards/wingers are all injury prone or s**t so just plumped for Henry in the hope he has one last burst and an Indian summer in him, says something for Murphy that even if I can’t think of anyone I would rather put a player whose legs are gone up there instead of him.

Been saying it for some now 3-5-2, pack the midfield. Bate as the CDM.

Not 3-4-3 with an uninterested Murphy, that’s just plain stupid.

Select a system that suits the players available and play players in their favoured position, it’s not rocket science.

Football is a simple game, it’s people like Robinson who try to make it appear complicated probably to justify their eye watering salary.

Eastwood
McGuane, Brannagan, Bate
Henry, Joseph, Wildschut

Couldn’t really think who to put up with Joseph and Wildschut, assuming Goodrham is out the other forwards/wingers are all injury prone or s**t so just plumped for Henry in the hope he has one last burst and an Indian summer in him, says something for Murphy that even if I can’t think of anyone I would rather put a player whose legs are gone up there instead of him.
Massive fan of Jamo but not entirely sure he is fit enough yet to start

Eastwood
McGuane, Brannagan, Bate
Henry, Joseph, Wildschut

Though as you say even an unfit Jamo would offer more than Murphy

I’d stick with 3 at the back but regardless of shape it would be useful to have a game plan and some duties handed out…

4237C764-AA4C-4E37-83F2-C16AA471D2F1.jpeg

Eastwood

Joseph Long Findlay Brown Fleming

McGuane Brannagan Bate

Wildschut GOD

I've always felt Joseph is a bit clumsy and his touch is too unreliable to hold the ball up but does good work out wide. He's fit as a fiddle, works hard and has played there before so it's not something new. Him and Fleming at wingback means they can use their attacking talents. Wildschut and GOD gives us two up top, plenty of pace and power. Findlay comes in as we are better defensively with him in it and he's a leader too. There's actually a decent amount of power and athleticism in this team with Long, Findlay, Brown, Joseph, Wildschut and God which hopefully let's our tiny midfield play

Could also put someone like Goodrham/Bodin/Henry in as a more advanced midfielder. I don't know if Goodrham has played there before but he looks like he could do a job floating around, picking the ball up and running at people.

Murphy not in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom